Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #1

what are 3 external coax connections

we have a 2015 forest river cardinal model 3825. still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. the cabinet with the incoming water connection up on the wall are 3 coax connectors. two come out of a single plate and there is a label pasted to it labelled 'satellite' and 'coax'. then there is a 3rd connector on a separate plate that says 'park cable'. i'm trying to find out what each of these is. we have an over the air antenna installed and it is connected to each tv (tv input must be set to antenna). we also have a satellite antenna installed on the roof with it's own coax coming down to the receiver and to the tv (tv input must be set to hdmi). today we are at an rv park with free park cable so i used a piece of coax to connect the park cable on the pedestal to the connector labelled park cable. ran the channel scan and found a few more channels, but they are very weak and fuzzy on the tv. they correspond to the channels the rv park says are on the park cable but they are fuzzy and full of static.

question 1: does the park cable 'merge' with the over the air antenna on the roof. it must somewhere as there is only 1 coax going into the tv and it is carrying signals from both, though the park cable channels are severely degraded. is there a switch somewhere that i must switch to select either the over the air antenna or the park cable as the source on the cox going into the tv? if so, any idea where this might be?

as far as the two cox connectors labelled 'satellite' and 'coax' i assume the one labelled satellite is for a portable satellite dish that you would connect. i don't have a portable dish but if i did i would assume that this cable would run to a satellite receiver.

question 2: what is the coax connector labelled coax? i connected the park cable to it and nothing. what is this used for?
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Need to turn off antenna amplifier.....should be a small led light on wall plate where the 2 coax connectors are.....press the button by the light Yes, the sat. connector is as you thought, the 'coax' is the from sat. receiver box to tv. Again, the ant. amp needs to be off.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
clr

I have a 2015 Sanibel and it also has three coax connections in the UDC. In my case the top two are satellite connections. There are direct coax runs from the UDC to the living room TV and to the bedroom TV. It is done that way so that you can have a satellite box in each room and watch different stations. The Park coax allows you to connect to cable TV available in some RV parks. The Park coax runs to either the bedroom or living room wall plate if you remove the wall plate you will see three or four coax cables in the unit. One is in from the Park one is in from the antenna on the roof and one is out to the remote or other TV. The wall plate either in the bedroom or living room has a button that when you push the button a normally green light will come on. When the green light is on that is the booster for the antenna when you want to connect to the park cable just turn the green light off and you are on the park cable. Hope this helps you some.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Uhuh....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #5

Let figure how to put my diagram on this connection and I have your answer. I had the same questions and got it resolved finally.
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #6

if you want to give me your email address i can send the small manual to you that way. I know trust is an issue but please be assurred you info is safe with me. Or do you know how we can converse confidentually
Old 07-08-2015, 07:47 PM   #7

Hey I got it posted, just look up my posts and you should see it. Let me know OK
Old 07-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #8

Don't forget to switch your TV over to "cable" from "antenna" (or something of the sort) before you do a rescan.
DRiveWell is offline   Reply With Quote