Old 03-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #31

Can you get pay as you go without home service?

Old 03-19-2016, 10:45 PM   #32

What Satellite Provider to go with?

Mr Dan, my previous post was directed to the OP since he/she appeared disgusted with ATT.

To the prior poster, yes you can use Dish Pay as you Go without home service. I just use my Tailgater when we are traveling 3 months a year. My package runs $70 a month.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Can you get pay as you go without home service?
Again............DISH says you can, and apparently some folks have no issue with doing just that. But I've tried on three separate occasions to get it, and every single time I would pay for one month, then next month I'd not go camping, and not use it. They'd send a bill for an overdue month. I'd call and say "HEY! I'm an RV account, pay as you go". They would either A) close my account, totally, including my online account access or B) tell me to pay up two months worth of back billed amount and they'd turn it back on.

All that, and I'm talking to India every time to boot! "Thank for you to give service to us so that gleanings of happiness can abound for your DISH account, and I apologize for any inconvenience. Please to be leaving your call to discuss this at this time. Goodbye". Or something similar!

Yes, I know........not what others have experienced. But after 3 times of same thing I ditched 'em. And, I was paying DirecTV almost two big bills, and DISH wanted $90 for the basic account plus Regional Sports so I could watch Cardinals (the reason to have a TV!!!)........... and $90 for an account that was cancelled every other month was not worth it. I sold the stuff and am going to learn to do DirecTV and pay nothing.........

P.S.
See, the guy above posted while I was......and he has no problem with making Dish understand pay as you go. So, the problem is clearly ME! Still, ME is not happy with it! I did just what he did the first time, and the next time I tried to activate it, they wanted several months back payments first!
Old 03-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #34

I use the receiver from home, I'm under contract from Direc so use it. I can't pick up the local channels, I use the campers antenna for that. DW loves Satellite tv

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 PM   #35

When I used Dish I used my Tailgater, no problem with ever getting a signal

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:55 PM   #36

What Satellite Provider to go with?

If you are going to use Dish every other month the easiest thing to do is to suspend your account then reactivate when ready. Their billing system does leave a lot to be desired. They will bill you for the next two months after your month ends then the bills go away. I have restarted my account 4 times now without issue.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
If you are going to use Dish every other month the easiest thing to do is to suspend your account then reactivate when ready. Their billing system does leave a lot to be desired. They will be you for the next two months after your month ends then the bills go away. I have restarted my account 4 times now without issue.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

Yes sir, I appreciate your trying to help me! I do.

I did try and suspend the account.......but that action (suspending), per DISH, can only be for 6 months at a time, max. When I did it, I was done camping in August and wasn't going to go back till April. They said "Nope, you can't just suspend, sorry". There was also some max number of times you could suspend in one year.......honestly I forget what that number was.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:03 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Again............DISH says you can, and apparently some folks have no issue with doing just that. But I've tried on three separate occasions to get it, and every single time I would pay for one month, then next month I'd not go camping, and not use it. They'd send a bill for an overdue month. I'd call and say "HEY! I'm an RV account, pay as you go". They would either A) close my account, totally, including my online account access or B) tell me to pay up two months worth of back billed amount and they'd turn it back on.

All that, and I'm talking to India every time to boot! "Thank for you to give service to us so that gleanings of happiness can abound for your DISH account, and I apologize for any inconvenience. Please to be leaving your call to discuss this at this time. Goodbye". Or something similar!

Yes, I know........not what others have experienced. But after 3 times of same thing I ditched 'em. And, I was paying DirecTV almost two big bills, and DISH wanted $90 for the basic account plus Regional Sports so I could watch Cardinals (the reason to have a TV!!!)........... and $90 for an account that was cancelled every other month was not worth it. I sold the stuff and am going to learn to do DirecTV and pay nothing.........

P.S.
See, the guy above posted while I was......and he has no problem with making Dish understand pay as you go. So, the problem is clearly ME! Still, ME is not happy with it! I did just what he did the first time, and the next time I tried to activate it, they wanted several months back payments first!

I can live without the television but the other one of us will not under any conditions do without.

Way more money than I wanna pay out......
Old 03-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #39

And I apologize to all interested parties to this, for dominating the complaints here. I just have had such poor luck getting satellite service that it's a major frustration item for me when camping. But I didn't mean to cause all the 'eye rolling' that I'm sure is going on. I won't bring it up again.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #40

Send a message via AIM to 89tta500 Send a message via MSN to 89tta500
We use directv. Started in our class a. Bought a home dish and stand on craigslist cheap. Used one of our home receivers and worked great. When we moved to our new 5th wheel we were able to use our genie and got upgraded to two wireless genie clients. They are great for rv's as we can move the tv to any of our patios without wiring. Only need one cable to main genie and can run i believe at least four wireless clients. We can record 5 shows and watch 1. As stated earlier the dish is pretty easy to set up with some practice. As far as local channels we call directv when we get settled and change the zipcode. All channels are hd that are available just like home.

2006 GMC Topkick C5500 8.1l on Propane
89tta500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite