Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #21

Thanks for the info. I will learn more Monday at dealer. But yes I am going to run my own cable down thru floor. That is simple enough. Sounds like they want to take bottom half of rear skin off to locate the cables. Dealer said no problem. But no way am I allowing that to go down for t.v. if that's my only option I will take care of it. The r.v. doesn't even have plates yet. I am very impressed with what I bought besides this minor detail.
JasonandShawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #22

I am a firm believer of not bringing problems to the bosses without bringing solutions. So I submit this open letter to FR as my solution.

To Forest River (and all other RV manufacturers):

In case you weren't aware of this, some of us folks like to have satellite tv. In addition, a few of us even like to have portable satellite dishes or temporary tripod set-ups. Could someone task one of your engineers to design a cabinet to place a receiver that is conviently placed next to a coaxial cable. Maybe we could even mark both ends of the cable as satellite in and satellite out. As you can see the current design of hiding one end in the vent or in the antenna base on the roof and the other end in a wall is currently not working for most of us. If this proves a too difficult of a task for the engineers I have another suggestion.

I was ecstatic when I found my splitter after two evenings of searching. I was even more excited when I found a white coaxial cable (without a connector attached). I am assuming this extra cable is for a satellite conection. If you could just ask the technician to write a note on this end of the cable as to the location of the other end, it would be very helpful. I will gladly pay an extra 99 cents for the sharpie if needed. Also, if needed, I can climb up on the roof of my $130,000 MH to make a connections because the engineers can not design a system that has a connection at ground level and I prefer not drilling holes in the floor.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Signed: A valued customer.

Now that that is taken care of, I am interested I knowing if any one has a unit that was able to have satellite tv connected with ZERO modifications made.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:21 PM   #23

Awesome! Could not have said it better myself.
JasonandShawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:56 AM   #24

Satellite runs are HOMERUN. So from exterior connection to interior connecter.. My 2016 Salem they are grey.
White is cable, black is supply to connecter. Orange from antenna. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1459079744.374833.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	103000Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1459079786.861560.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	103001
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I forgot to mention. Most RV manufacturers use a standard "code" when running cable/sat coax cable;

Antenna coax is usually black
Park Cable coax is usually grey
Satellite coax is usually orange

So, while trying to find the end of your sat. coax....it should be orange.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Satellite runs are HOMERUN. So from exterior connection to interior connecter.. My 2016 Salem they are grey.
White is cable, black is supply to connecter. Orange from antenna. Attachment 103000Attachment 103001

Ugh!!! I wish the separate divisions would get their crap together! I have to make a correction. I took another look behind the scenes in my 5er & discovered I have black, grey, white & orange coax. I assumed...(I know, I know) that since 4 colors are used, they each had their designated purpose in the RV industry.....yeah right!!

After my second look today I have the following;

White is my main feed from the roof OTA antenna
Grey is my main feed from my Park Cable connection outside
Orange is my satellite (2 home runs) feed to living room & bedroom from outside
AND
Black runs from the 2nd Tv port on the amplifier to a splitter which then runs to the bedroom Tv and 3rd Tv in the basement storage for OTA antenna or park cable depending on if amplifier is on or off.

So, I guess each manufacturer/division does their own thing when it comes to cabling & wiring. Which is why there are never and printed schematics when you need one.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #26

Agreed on standardized colors for specific aplacations. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1459109791.687970.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	103031
See if this diagram from wingaurd helps identify. First page top left.
Otherwise may have to ohm lines out. Or otherwise test. What may help is satellight will be homruns so identify them first by color, that will reduce your confusion maybe.
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #27

Question

What size tv did you put in your 201BHXL? Do you think I can fit a 32 inch tv with a articulating tv mount?
Nathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #28

Why do
I have a sat input that runs know where Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	392.9 KB
ID:	144226

Tags
exterior, satellite