Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #1

Where's the cable tv input on camper??

We recently got a Wildwood X-lite, 195BH. We took it out last weekend for the first time. Only "issue" is we cannot find a cable hookup on the outside. On the inside there are two hookups. One labeled TV1, that works with the antenna. The other is labeled Satellite. i would assume that would be for a cable hookup too, but we can't find anywhere on the outside. Is an outside cable hookup like an option on a car that we might not have?? If so, what about the "satellite" hookup on the inside? Where does the other end of that physically go?

Confused new owners here.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartonBunkhouse View Post
We recently got a Wildwood X-lite, 195BH. We took it out last weekend for the first time. Only "issue" is we cannot find a cable hookup on the outside. On the inside there are two hookups. One labeled TV1, that works with the antenna. The other is labeled Satellite. i would assume that would be for a cable hookup too, but we can't find anywhere on the outside. Is an outside cable hookup like an option on a car that we might not have?? If so, what about the "satellite" hookup on the inside? Where does the other end of that physically go?

Confused new owners here.
Why is this a Cable industry problem? Sounds like you need to talk to the dealer and have him tell you where it is or put one in. Should have been covered on the PDI. On mine, there is a water resistant door like an outdoor receptacle on the drivers side that you lift and have 2 cable connections, satellite and cable.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #3

The TV1 input should work for over-the-air signal as well as your cable signal. There should be a wall plate with a little light near the tv that has a push button turning the amplifier on\off. Your coax cables enter that plate. If you push the button energizing the amplifier, you'll ONLY do that when watching tv with your antenna. When you push the button and the little light on the plate goes out, your ready to receive cable reception. I hope this helps.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
The TV1 input should work for over-the-air signal as well as your cable signal. There should be a wall plate with a little light near the tv that has a push button turning the amplifier on\off. Your coax cables enter that plate. If you push the button energizing the amplifier, you'll ONLY do that when watching tv with your antenna. When you push the button and the little light on the plate goes out, your ready to receive cable reception. I hope this helps.
If I understand the OP, he can't find the cable connection on the side of the camper to plug in the cable.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:23 PM   #5

Oops not a cable INDUSTRY problem. That was an auto correct for the word INPUT. Sorry
Old 03-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If I understand the OP, he can't find the cable connection on the side of the camper to plug in the cable.

Yes, what OldCoot said.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #7

Sounds like the walk through didn't go so good.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #8

I gotcha. I shoulda read more carefully. That's perty bizarre. Didya check in all compartments?
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #9

You should concentrate on the same side as your hook-ups (water, elect etc. left side) to find the cable input port. Could be anywhere on todays units but certainly on the left side.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #10

Normally the outside cable TV plug is on the street side of the trailer. Since you have a inside satellite plug there should be a plug for cable and another for satellite on the outside. The inside satellite plug is just that, it is for satellite hookup, nothing else. The one marked TV1 should have a little button and a small light on it for the OTA antenna amplifier. When using cable the amplifier is turned off

Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper