Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #11
Wanna Be Camper

This has been beat to death 100 times over on here. There are far more happy people with their Concertone units than unhappy ones, yes there are units that fail. Guess what it happens, maybe Concertone has a higher than usual failure rate but there are many other products out there that fail as well and I am not talking just the RV industry as I have been the unlucky owner of a 54k lemon but life goes on as there are many who own the same truck as me and love it. I see no reason for Bob to have to lower himself into every one of these rants slamming Concertone as the result is always the same. Our ZX700 works superbly and we love it BTW.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #12

Not trying to get anyone to lower themselves...just wondering why they haven't tried to improve the quality or replacement process...as I said we are very happy with our TT and bought it because we felt it was better than the other choices we had...however I am very upset that we have waited for 3 weeks (lost camping time) to get our replacement...we would get our trailer and do without the dvd/stereo but it is a pretty good distance from home to the dealer and dont' want to waste time and gas towing back and forth. It isn't a matter of overuse because we have only watched one movie since we bought it due to a rainy day...now we are into our last few months of camping season and can't use our camper...that is my frustration! I don't expect the best of sound/picture etc. in a tt and agree that it would be a foolish place to put a lot of money; however since it seems to be an issue one would think that the system would be better stocked and not on backorder or that there would be another choice for replacement--we could install ourselves with another system but don't want to void any warranty etc.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Simple tell the dealer to grab a unit out of a camper on the lot and put it in.
let them worry about it.
I had my dealer do this very thing with a bad set of steps that were on backorder.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #14

Had a very minor issue with the Concertone that came in our 2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 1809S. Something I could fix by putting a choke on the power wire. I think it is great that we have Bob Fields here on the forum to help one work thru the issues in the few units that do have a problem.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
Site Team

On the Surveyor Facebook site, there was a little discussion about Concertone and the FR rep said that Forest River had listened to its customers and was switching to Jensen. After seeing this post, I went over there to confirm before making this reply. The whole issue on Facebook has BEEN REMOVED. Not sure what that means . . .
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #16

Concertone Units

What isn't made in China, Pakistan, Indonesia, ect. these days. If not the whole unit, some of the parts for sure.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #17

Also remember, a dissatisfied customer tells 10 people and a satisfied customer tells 1.
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
As much as I hate to see national inquirer headlines like this, I am grateful when the satisfied users come out and say their products work fine and they are happy.

Trust me, if you read to any depth of the postings here you will see I completely understate the dynamics of a dissatisfied customer. I also understand the dynamics of a mis-informed customer. These are just two of the reasons I am here. I strive to help, clarify and inform.

I am the most outspoken and available manufacturer or supplier on this forum (just as you wish for in another forum thread). I don't lurk under an assumed name as others do (manufacturer, supplier or customer) and my direct contact number is on every post. I believe most who have communicated with me directly will tell you I was easy to relatively easy to speak with. A few may not agree and frankly, they may be right when I review my schedule.

I take the bad with the good and I do the best that I can. I have thrown my heart into this community and while the discussions can get a bit heated, it should be clear to any casual observer I care about my company AND THE CUSTOMER. Sometimes neither of us gets the answer we want to hear, but most often there is a satisfactory solution (even if that includes someone choosing a different brand).

I am proud of my association with Concertone, our customers and our users. Again, if you have read any of these threads in any depth you will continually see my willingness to get involved even when it would be MUCH easier not to.

I am sure other manufacturers or suppliers see the abuse I sometimes take and say to themselves, “that guy is nuts, I am not going to subject myself to that!” Sometimes I wish I was one of them, but as my friends from the Branson Frog Rally will tell you I am a real person who enjoys himself and cares about others. I have spent many telephone hours talking to customers about things other than Concertone, such as where they are at, what are they doing and how are they (after I know they had had surgery).

So thanks to my loyal customers who have supported me here and I can only say I will keep trying to satisfy those of you have issues!

All the best,
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
On the Surveyor Facebook site, there was a little discussion about Concertone and the FR rep said that Forest River had listened to its customers and was switching to Jensen. After seeing this post, I went over there to confirm before making this reply. The whole issue on Facebook has BEEN REMOVED. Not sure what that means . . .
My mistake. NOT removed; just not all of the comments showed. It's still there; FR moving to Jensen products. Here is the text from the FR Surveyor Facebook Page.

Hi Guys!! To my knowledge - and I double checked before posting this... Forest River has no affiliation with Concertone - OTHER than - we PREVIOUSLY - purchased their equipment. Yes - you heard that correctly... PREVIOUSLY!! We now use the Jensen as well Bob. Our customers spoke - and we listened!! If you DO have any issues with your concertone euipment - you may reach them directly at Concertone® Home Page. If you would like to replace your current equipment with a Jensen, you may contact our Service Department for instructions, pigtails, etc.. 574/642.3119 !
August 23 at 2:09pm · Unlike · 1 person.

Steven G. Bassett Are we talking warranty replacement? My dealer is over three hours away one way.
August 24 at 8:46am · Like.

Steven G. Bassett are you saying I can get a Jensen as a full warranty replacement of the concertone?
August 26 at 2:02pm · Like.

Surveyor by Forest River Unfortunately Steven.... No -- I'm not even IMPLYING that! Concertone still has to warranty their equipment... However, you may call our Service Department and ask them if there are any other options. :-)
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #20

ok so here's the update...
we went to pick our camper up yesterday and were told that our radio/dvd system was in; however they were not sent the new harness to install it and it will not fit in the hole. when we asked what the replacement was we were told that "due to problems..." the zx75 was not being made anymore and neither were the same systems that didn't have the dvd player in them...our radio is being replaced with a estone? system, it looks more like a car radio and loads like a car dvd player. so if anyone else has the same issues you may be getting a different system as a replacement. the bad thing is that it will have to be modified to fit the hole in the camper as the old system was really thin and the new is not...but supposedly it has more features and is better...so i am glad it seems someone is making an effort to correct the issues...for those of you who haven't had issues...awesome, but if you do don't expect an exact replacement unless your dealer already has one on the lot...ours did not, as they were going to take one from another camper but all had already been switched.