Old 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
why not use a better product????

I am just wondering since it seems that people have nothing but trouble from concertone...why continue to use the product...
I am not trying to be negative BUT...we bought a brand new tt this year 2011 camped 20 nights and the dvd player will not load a cd or dvd...the only thing that works is the that said it is fine because it is going to be covered and replaced under warranty HOWEVER no one can replace my time lost! we are going on the third week that the dealer has been waiting to receive the replacement radio/dvd player from forrest river...I have no complaints about our tt otherwise but with SO many issues with these systems you think they would change what is can it be economical to continue to "fix" these things?? also it leaves a bad taste with consumers who pay thousands for these tt in the first place and have things not work within 6 months of ownership! I thought it was bad when the name "concertone" isn't even on the system anywhere...just some letters and numbers...which is very slick on forrest rivers part since people can google concertone and see just how many issues there have been with these systems--which appear to be a division of FR??--it is unfortunate that this problem is ongoing! that is just my

beanpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
That is why I bought ours without the radio. And that is why our dealer even recommended NOT to get the option. His words were along the lines of you pay an extra 500 or so bucks for this crap that's made for 10 bucks in CHINA. I have to be honest, I agree. You can't expect a Travel Trailer to go all out in the audio department LOL. It's just not in their expertise.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
What about better tires?
How much more would it cost to put on good quality tires?
$100-$200 bucks?
Oh this can get dangerous. I can go on and on.
I better just shut up now.

2009 Flagstaff 8528 RKSS
2007 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8
Pullrite Superglide 14K
Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Grape Escape
Replaced my Concert_____ with a LG home theatre system. Total cost 150$ and I have not even needed the 6 speakers which came with it. Has upverting dvd, radio and too much power to even crank it up. Never let me down yet. I have never had any problems with any home stereo devise yet other than 2 Concertones. PS switched tires to Michelin XPS as well. Now for a eurotop mattress.
2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
we have the concertone model x75 in our minilite 1809s and I like it very much. All work perfect. I load a micro cruzer with aprx 500 song and I relax on the good sound it produce. I am sure you can get better but listen it is a travel trailer after all. Our trailer came with the KONKA 22 INCHES LCD TV AND THIS ALSO IS VERY GOOD. tHIS TV HAS FRONT SPEAKERS AND THE SOUND IS FAMOUS FOR ITS SIZE. There is a lots of cheaper low quality sound systems in other brands of trailer and concertone is not bad if you make this comparaison with others.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
I have had no problems with mine, but I don't use it a lot. I see no need for 250 watt surround sound in a fifth wheel that you can here people talking as they walk by. That much sound would probably be able to be heard throughout the whole park.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
My C-tone has been working flawlessly since I purchased my rig 3 years ago. It was replaced once right after purchase. I don't remember what the issue was, but the 2nd C-tone has been great. I use it alot. I store my camper in my shop and frequently watch DVD's and listen to the radio while I'm dodging honey-do's. The C-tone is a ZX600 model.
Walt-N-Terry Sanford
03 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
08 Rockwood 8317
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
we bought our cherroke new in 06 and have camped atleast 60 nites a season usually closer to a hundred i have spent literaly hundreds of hrs listening to dvds or the radio and have found our cncertone a nice unit just my opinion
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #9
Well Bob??
dodge3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #10
We all should fell lucky since FR makes the campers and the Concertone systems then that is all you have to deal with, just think if they had their hand in all of the other things like the A/C systems, Microwaves, etc, etc that are not part of the company but seperate manufactures.

Remember...Higher quality means higher prices. I don't mine paying a little more for quality but in most cases this means nothing these days, they change the names but it is the same trash inside and this comes with a higher price.

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote