Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #1

Wildwood DVD/CD player issue

We purchased a 2014 Wildwood 28 DBUD this past fall. Living in Michigan we haven't been able to take it out yet, but are very excited to do so. It didn't come with a TV, so we bought a flat screen before Christmas and installed it. The problem: we cannot figure out how to hook it to the DVD player. It has a TV and cable Jack but there are no connectors to the actual dvd/CD player (red, white, yellow- or hdmi). The DVD player is built into the entertainment shelving. We called the dealer and they didn't know how to help us. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, we would very much appreciate it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3306073619.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	45721  
MIcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #2

You mean the tv has no red, white, yellow or hdmi output jacks? Can you post a pic of the jack-pac on the back of the tv?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #3

The tv has the red white and yellow and hdmi. We don't know how to hook it to the factory installed DVD player. To the left of the DVD player (in the pic) there are jacks for TV or cable. We have tried to connect the tv to those to get the DVD player to work- but it doesn't work. We aren't sure how to hook them up. We can put a DVD in the player and it plays sound throughout the speakers, but doesn't play the movie on the tv screen.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #4

The jacks to the left of the DVD player are for the roof tv antenna or park cable hookups. You'll have to hook up a cable from the back of the tv to the antenna for the tv to pick up over the air programs, don't forget to turn the booster 'on' for antenna. Keep it 'off' for cable.

As long as you've got sound to the speakers you're going to have to remove the factory installed unit and hook up the video via yellow or HDMI. There should probably (hopefully) be an access hole on top or to the side of the DVD player to run the wires. Can't figure why it didn't at least come with the wiring all done ready for you to hook up your own tv.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #5

Wecome to the forum, If you remove the 4 screws at the corners of the player unit and slide it out you should be able to find 'audio out' and 'video out' connectors/wires. Then there should be a hole below the tv to access the back of the player to run your cables/wires.

Good Luck and happy camping.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #6

I can't immagine the dealer not knowing how to hook these up, unless they just didn't want to be bothered?
Old 02-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #7

There is a hole from where the tv is, however, it just goes to the little shelf. No holes to get to the dvd wiring. I guess we will just some how have to pull the whole thing and drill holes of our own. Just silly the dealer/factory didn't do it and/or didn't know how to help us. Thank you
Old 02-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #8

Thanks again, eveyone! I will show this to the husband . So glad I found this forum. You are all very helpful! Much appreciated!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #9

When you pull the player out I am sure you will have horizontal access above the shelf to get over to the center hole below the tv.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #10

What did u find out? We just bought a wildwood 28dbud and r having the same issues.
kcsmjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsmjh View Post
What did u find out? We just bought a wildwood 28dbud and r having the same issues.
The entertainment center MIcamper has is the same as mine in my Wildwood 26TBSS, I did mine exactly the way I explained in the posts above, follow my description and you'll be fine.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #12

Great thx!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #13

Similar prob here. I'm meeting direct tv repair guy to set up my system . I'll pick his btain

Sent from my XT1080 using Forest River Forums mobile app
ruther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #14

Yup taking mine into dealer. They said they would take care of it!