Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 11-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #1

wildwood furnace issue

i have a 2008 wildwood LE29bhbs with a suburban forced air propane furnace whose blower comes on for a brief period then goes off, the heat never comes on.

what do you think, flow switch problem

got any ideas on troubleshooting and repair, or do i have to totally remove the furnace from the nice out of the way location it is installed at under the kitchen sink

any help appreciated

thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #2

I think the sail switch would be my first test. Jumper around it and see if the ignition process continues.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #3

I had pretty much the same problem with our then new 05 Cherokee lite. the furnace wouldn`t come on the first time we needed it (45deg. nite in MT.) the next morning I ended up removing the furnace screen and tapping the gas valve when the furnace tried to ignite. the furnace fired right up and continued working for the next couple of years right up untill we traded for our current trailer.

Here`s a stupid question......are your propane tanks full? I only ask because I have experience with this and a water heater that wouldn`t light!!!!!
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
2009 Wildwood LE 26TBSS

I had a similar problem with a prior camper. I used my air hose and blew the area around where the cumbution chamber is (just listen for the clicking of the igniter) a friend told me that spiders like to nest in the opening and this will casuse the furnace not to ignite. It worked for me and i had no further troubles.

Good luck, keep us posted on your results.

Craig & Jennifer, plus 4 boys and a chocolate lab pup
Outside Boston, MA
2009 Wildwood 26TBSS
2006 Dodge 1500 quad cab, 5.7 multi-displacement Hemi
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #5

I have a 2010 sandpiper 292rl I bought in july. When we tried the furnace it would only come on for short durations, though it did put out heat but would not get the trailer up to temp. Took it in to our local rv mechanic and he had the furnace out 3 times. They finally traced it to the pc board in the furnace. It's a suburban also. Works fine now. Covered under suburban warrentee.