Old 11-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #1

WINEGARD Carryout G2+DirecTV R16-300 reciever

We have a 2016 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351 THSS toy hauler and just bought a Winegard carryout G2 and got a DirecTV R16-300 receiver. The directions from Winegard APPEAR to be brain dead simple.....................

I have the sat plugged into 12V power source, coax ran directly from sat to receiver, and no signal according to receiver. I have moved the sat everywhere humanly possible including directly in front of the sat that is mounted to our house. Still no signal. I then put the sat on roof of trailer which is the highest point around and NO obstructions from the southern sky, still no signal.

Am I a moron? What am I missing here?

THANK YOU in advance for your input/wisdom!!!
Gil

Old 11-16-2015, 11:03 PM   #2

I downloaded the manual and it is not much help. I know on my HR24 receiver, during initial setup there is a screen that allows you to change the type of satellite antenna that you are attached to.. ie an oval dish HD versus a round dish SD. Have you gone through the complete setup procedure and looked at all of the setup screens that normally, once set you do not have to fool with anymore?

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:09 PM   #3

Is it possible it is set for Dish instead of Direct?. There is a setting inside to switch between them.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Yes there are dip switches that need to be changed depending on if your using direct or dish.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:13 AM   #5
Rick and Sandy Dyer

You can call winegard and they will help you. Make sure you read the settings for direct and your TV. That is critical!! HDMI cable makes it very simple

Rick and Sandy Dyer

2016 Cardinal
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #6

I just purchased the same dish and it comes already preset to Direct if you bought it from Winegard. If by chance you got the wrong dish you will have to reset the dip switches but that is highly unlikely. I just bought the same dish and the installation and use was flawless. I called the number at Direct and they walked me through the setup after getting information from me regarding my account. It appears from what you are describing that your TV is not receiving the signal. Do you have the input set to Direct TV? I used an HDMI cable which made the hook up relatively simple. When you hooked up your power cable you should have heard the motor inside the dish moving around trying to locate the satellite. My advice would be to call that number and they will walk you through the process and troubleshoot any potential problem. BTW is works beautifully.
2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #7

Did you do step 5 of the DirecTv guidance?
Select 3-LNB (18x20), Select "Multiswitch" under the switch selection.

By their guidance, the DirecTv dip switches are preset by the factory.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #8

The bottom line is call Direct at the number provided and they will walk you through this. Have patience it's worth it.
2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #9

Does your unit have two outputs if so only one is a master that controls the dish. Also do you have it hooked up to power. I have the older one and getting it setup the first time was a pain after though it was easy.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #10

Call Wineguard and they will walk you thru the setup. I had trouble and they were very helpful and walk me thru the first setup.

Tags
winegard