Old 09-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #1

Wireless Back-up camera

Hello everyone,

New to this forum as we just took delivery of our new Silverback 35QB4.

The unit was installed from the factory with a wireless back up camera. As I was trying to get it working, I noticed that it was missing its antennae.

Does anyone have any experience with this set up and if so, here are my questions:

How does it get power? Is it powered all the time, does it only work when I put the truck in reverse?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The dealer is waiting for the manufacturer to get back to them. The dealer was unfamiliar with its operation.

Thanks again for the help,

Ryan

2016 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 3500HD Duramax/Allison CC/LB Dually

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - T. Edison
Ryanjb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanjb01 View Post
Hello everyone,

New to this forum as we just took delivery of our new Silverback 35QB4.

The unit was installed from the factory with a wireless back up camera. As I was trying to get it working, I noticed that it was missing its antennae.

Does anyone have any experience with this set up and if so, here are my questions:

How does it get power? Is it powered all the time, does it only work when I put the truck in reverse?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The dealer is waiting for the manufacturer to get back to them. The dealer was unfamiliar with its operation.

Thanks again for the help,

Ryan
Ryan, I'm not familiar with your unit nor which backup camera is installed. My Wildcat came with a Voyager backup camera. The sending unit on the back of the trailer is always ON in my experience. When I plug my monitor (receiving unit) into my truck cigarette lighter, it's always powered - meaning if I turn it on, it stays on until I turn it off or unplug the cord. I have turned off my truck. left for 30 minutes and returned to find my monitor still on and showing anything that moves behind the trailer. Some people take their monitor into the trailer at night so they can see (and hear) what's going on outside. Putting my truck into reverse changes nothing. Driving down the highway, I can see who is driving to close to me.

Welcome from the countryside in Grayson County, Texas.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #3

We have a 2014 Silverback 31RK. You have to run your lights to make it work on ours. And a funny the camera was installed upside down, so the traffic is on the wrong side. Camper is at dealers for 2nd time getting bugs out. Camera is one of the bugs.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #4

Still nothing from the dealer. I am going to call again tomorrow. Last we spoke, I asked if they would just remove an antennae from another unit and send it to me. They really didn't know how to answer that thought. Stay tuned . . .

2016 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 3500HD Duramax/Allison CC/LB Dually

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - T. Edison
Ryanjb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanjb01 View Post
Still nothing from the dealer. I am going to call again tomorrow. Last we spoke, I asked if they would just remove an antennae from another unit and send it to me. They really didn't know how to answer that thought. Stay tuned . . .
My salesman didn't know our pre-INSTALLED back-up camera needed a monitor for inside the TV. I asked him to go to their storage closet and look for a box with a picture of a back-up camera on it. He found it and gave it to me!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote