Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 04:44 PM   #1

ZX500 and Concertone 20" TV not working

I've done a lot of digging on here and online but don't see much information for actually digging inside of a ZX500 or similar system to see what is broken. I did find one website that mentioned replacing a transformer inside of a GT-3.0 and it helped many commentors as well.

For some background, we just purchased a 2007 Rockwood 2701SS and the only things that don't work are the ZX500 and TV. The TV isn't priority, but it doesn't light up the green LED no matter how I provide (confirmed) power. I might try taking it apart to look for anything obvious. I would, however, like to get the ZX500 working this summer, otherwise I might pony up for a new unit but not before next camping season. The ZX500 gets power, and will power up but that seems to be it. The display does not work, and CD will eject/insert and I can hear the speakers power up but nothing else happens, no sound, no display, nothing. I've read up on the hard reset, but the trailer has been on and off power (including battery) a few times since purchasing. I'm going to try pulling the unit out tonight and check fuses, any wiring I can hopefully and after that maybe try taking the unit apart.

Thanks!
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:44 AM   #2

This is what I found last night. Quite the rats nest of wires. The CD will play if you wait awhile, but the sound is very broken coming out of the speakers. I found a couple broken wires inside the unit and what looks like possibly blown capacitors. I wish I knew the history of the trailer, but the owner before me apparently never used it. The wires are VERY cleanly cut which is kind of suspicious. I hope repairing them fixes the display, but I'm not convinced. I'll keep going through the motion to attempt to fix this unit. I'm no expert, but I can't do much more damage and maybe it'll help someone else dig into something broken of theirs and save a few $$$.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	108980   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	108981   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	108982  
Old 05-25-2016, 09:47 AM   #3

I circled the suspect capacitors. The first one is the worst, but they all have signs of leakage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	108983  

Tags
500, concertone, zx50, zx500