Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #1

ZX600 Question: Am I going nuts?

I just noticed, for the first time, that when I turn my ZX600 off, the backlight on the on-off button stays on, and glows red, making it easier to find to turn on... That's fine, except that I've become a bug about parasite loads, and I SWEAR, I've never noticed this light "on" before!

Is this normal? I'm wondering if it's been "on" all along, and I just never noticed it... Does anyone else have a ZX600 that the light stays on?

Now I'll have to figure out how many milliamps that it's drawing, and see if I need to install a toggle switch to the main power to kill it completely, and eliminate the parasite load.....

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #2

I have a ZX400, and the red stays lit when it is off.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #3

Thank you for confirming tat I am, indeed, going nuts!!!

My wife will appreciate that her original diagnosis was correct!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #4

i have the zx600 and CANNOt get the DVD to play on the tv!...i can hear it but have tried everything on the tv to "find" the station to show it on..i have done the autoscans on the tv for air and CATV and still cant get it to show...

HELP!

Mark and Connie
2008 3001W Windjammer
2005 Tahoe Z71, 5.3L
Equal-i-zer WD
mkollath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #5

i have a 700 and the red light stays on
Old 07-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkollath View Post
i have the zx600 and CANNOt get the DVD to play on the tv!...i can hear it but have tried everything on the tv to "find" the station to show it on..i have done the autoscans on the tv for air and CATV and still cant get it to show...

HELP!
You may have already tried this, but it wasn't mentioned in your comment above. On your T.V. you need to change your INPUT or MODE (Some tv's call it differently). Scanning for a channel will not work. It's not like the old VCR's where you had to set your TV to channel 3 or 4. From INPUT/MODE you need to find the input that the DVD has been set to. In my case I have to set mine to AV1. Mine also takes a couple of seconds after I enter the correct input for it to show up on the screen. I have a Sanyo TV and again, each is different.

If you still do not have any luck, then it could be that it either wasn't wired from video OUT on the 600 to video IN on the TV, or the connection has come loose.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #7

if you put in toggle switch to kill the parasitic draw, you will clear any memory the unsit has (clock, pre set stations, etc.) if that is not a problem for you then install a switch. I just unhook our battery when the camper is not in use to prevent any unwanted draw.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote