Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #1

ZX600 Stuck CD

Hey everyone- looks like the Concertone unites are real quality products!

A friend of mine has a Trailer with a zx600, and a CD is stuck inside it. He asked if I would have any suggestions on how to get it out. He's about 200 miles away, so I thought I'd do some researching for him- and came across this forum after searching for Concertone zx600.

Has anyone here had a problem with a stuck CD? He says it will play fine, it just won't eject it. He's not the handy type...and taking it apart is not something that should be suggested to him- but before he spends $150 in gas to take it to the dealer- is there any advice I can give him?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #2

Try turning it off then turn it back on again maybe the CD will come out.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #3

Also might try unplugging it for a minute then hold the eject button down just as it powers back up.

This worked on an old car cd player I had one time.

Mike
Old 06-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRimmer View Post
Also might try unplugging it for a minute then hold the eject button down just as it powers back up.

This worked on an old car cd player I had one time.

Mike
I had the same first suggestion- as it has worked on some of my car cd players before.

Unfortunately, no luck with this unit.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Try turning it off then turn it back on again maybe the CD will come out.
I guess I should have stated the troubleshooting steps we've tried so far. He's power cycled it- , shut off the breaker and let it sit for awhile, then powered on and tried to eject, held the eject button then power button- ...he then asked if he should try some needle nose pliers, and I suggest that might not be the best next step.

Or- maybe pliers are the best next step?
Old 06-21-2008, 06:41 AM   #6
Site Team

I don't know how to get it out but if it's still under warranty, he can
UPS ship it back to the dealer for $10 rather than driving and spending
a day and $150 in gas.

I've shipped two back myself.
Going to try number 3 this weekend.
Got my fingers crossed!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Commercial Member

You may want to pull the unit out completely, then unplug the unit from the power source and let it sit for awhile. It has high capacitors and maintains a memory for awhile.

Maybe after sitting it will reset itself...........just guessing here.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #8

Try taking it out and just put it in your yard and see the satisfaction you'll have on just putting fire to the worst system on the market... it's too bad for your CD, but imagine how he feels being read by a such poor quality system... LOL

The AWM-960 from Jensen is 500% Better quality and sound experience then the Concertone ZX-500- ZX-550 and ZX-600 crap that will break normally after warranty. If you do not replace that Concertone scrap, you will always have problems with channel A surround making hissing and static noise. The B and C channels are OK and no problems but you have to recheck all polarity going to your speakers because the student working at Forest River does not seem to know how to hook-up a trailer. Check the Jensen system at :

www.asaelectronics.com

Good luck !!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaifin View Post
Try taking it out and just put it in your yard and see the satisfaction you'll have on just putting fire to the worst system on the market... it's too bad for your CD, but imagine how he feels being read by a such poor quality system... LOL

The AWM-960 from Jensen is 500% Better quality and sound experience then the Concertone ZX-500- ZX-550 and ZX-600 crap that will break normally after warranty. If you do not replace that Concertone scrap, you will always have problems with channel A surround making hissing and static noise. The B and C channels are OK and no problems but you have to recheck all polarity going to your speakers because the student working at Forest River does not seem to know how to hook-up a trailer. Check the Jensen system at :

www.asaelectronics.com

Good luck !!
Not to sound rude, but where do you get that Jensen system??

That website says "coming soon", and if you do an internet search on the model, almost nothing comes up for it.

Steve
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #10

I too had the same problem with DVD/CD not being ejected in my ZX600...the first time it happened I could just see the CD at the opening and was able to use a table knife to play with the CD to get it out far enough to pinch it with my finger nails and pull the disk out...it did scratch the crap out of it...but it was out...I didn't try another disk for a couple months...but ended up wanting to watch a DVD on a 3 week trip I just took...and it too got stuck...being a retired Navy Chief I used the old saying of..."if you can't fix it...get a bigger hammer!" LOL! well...I smack the top of the unit with the palm of my hand 3 or 4 times and all of the sudden the disk popped out...I have watched probably 20 or so DVD's since then and all of them have ejected just fine???

Not saying this is the correct "fix"...I think I got lucky...but...if it gets your disk out...might be worth a shot...also...not saying to hit the unit so hard that it is sent back into last week...but a few moderately gentle smacks...might work...LOL! Good luck!

My issue is lots of "Hiss" out of the front and rear speakers and a center channel speaker NEVER works...and I can't use the system in 5.1 mode...or I can't hear voices that normally come through the cneter channel...guess I need to pull the unit and look see if the center speaker was connected...

Greg