Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #1

ZX600 Stuck CD

Hey everyone- looks like the Concertone unites are real quality products!

A friend of mine has a Trailer with a zx600, and a CD is stuck inside it. He asked if I would have any suggestions on how to get it out. He's about 200 miles away, so I thought I'd do some researching for him- and came across this forum after searching for Concertone zx600.

Has anyone here had a problem with a stuck CD? He says it will play fine, it just won't eject it. He's not the handy type...and taking it apart is not something that should be suggested to him- but before he spends $150 in gas to take it to the dealer- is there any advice I can give him?

Thanks for any thoughts!
The_Fix-It_Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #2

Try turning it off then turn it back on again maybe the CD will come out.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #3

Also might try unplugging it for a minute then hold the eject button down just as it powers back up.

This worked on an old car cd player I had one time.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRimmer View Post
Also might try unplugging it for a minute then hold the eject button down just as it powers back up.

This worked on an old car cd player I had one time.

Mike
I had the same first suggestion- as it has worked on some of my car cd players before.

Unfortunately, no luck with this unit.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Try turning it off then turn it back on again maybe the CD will come out.
I guess I should have stated the troubleshooting steps we've tried so far. He's power cycled it- , shut off the breaker and let it sit for awhile, then powered on and tried to eject, held the eject button then power button- ...he then asked if he should try some needle nose pliers, and I suggest that might not be the best next step.

Or- maybe pliers are the best next step?
Old 06-21-2008, 05:41 AM   #6
Site Team

I don't know how to get it out but if it's still under warranty, he can
UPS ship it back to the dealer for $10 rather than driving and spending
a day and $150 in gas.

I've shipped two back myself.
Going to try number 3 this weekend.
Got my fingers crossed!!!
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #7
Commercial Member

You may want to pull the unit out completely, then unplug the unit from the power source and let it sit for awhile. It has high capacitors and maintains a memory for awhile.

Maybe after sitting it will reset itself...........just guessing here.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #8

Try taking it out and just put it in your yard and see the satisfaction you'll have on just putting fire to the worst system on the market... it's too bad for your CD, but imagine how he feels being read by a such poor quality system... LOL

The AWM-960 from Jensen is 500% Better quality and sound experience then the Concertone ZX-500- ZX-550 and ZX-600 crap that will break normally after warranty. If you do not replace that Concertone scrap, you will always have problems with channel A surround making hissing and static noise. The B and C channels are OK and no problems but you have to recheck all polarity going to your speakers because the student working at Forest River does not seem to know how to hook-up a trailer. Check the Jensen system at :

www.asaelectronics.com

Good luck !!
Yaifin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaifin View Post
Try taking it out and just put it in your yard and see the satisfaction you'll have on just putting fire to the worst system on the market... it's too bad for your CD, but imagine how he feels being read by a such poor quality system... LOL

The AWM-960 from Jensen is 500% Better quality and sound experience then the Concertone ZX-500- ZX-550 and ZX-600 crap that will break normally after warranty. If you do not replace that Concertone scrap, you will always have problems with channel A surround making hissing and static noise. The B and C channels are OK and no problems but you have to recheck all polarity going to your speakers because the student working at Forest River does not seem to know how to hook-up a trailer. Check the Jensen system at :

www.asaelectronics.com

Good luck !!
Not to sound rude, but where do you get that Jensen system??

That website says "coming soon", and if you do an internet search on the model, almost nothing comes up for it.

Steve
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #10

I too had the same problem with DVD/CD not being ejected in my ZX600...the first time it happened I could just see the CD at the opening and was able to use a table knife to play with the CD to get it out far enough to pinch it with my finger nails and pull the disk out...it did scratch the crap out of it...but it was out...I didn't try another disk for a couple months...but ended up wanting to watch a DVD on a 3 week trip I just took...and it too got stuck...being a retired Navy Chief I used the old saying of..."if you can't fix it...get a bigger hammer!" LOL! well...I smack the top of the unit with the palm of my hand 3 or 4 times and all of the sudden the disk popped out...I have watched probably 20 or so DVD's since then and all of them have ejected just fine???

Not saying this is the correct "fix"...I think I got lucky...but...if it gets your disk out...might be worth a shot...also...not saying to hit the unit so hard that it is sent back into last week...but a few moderately gentle smacks...might work...LOL! Good luck!

My issue is lots of "Hiss" out of the front and rear speakers and a center channel speaker NEVER works...and I can't use the system in 5.1 mode...or I can't hear voices that normally come through the cneter channel...guess I need to pull the unit and look see if the center speaker was connected...

Greg
glalderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #11

Good luck buddy, we have been through 8 concertone ZX600's and without fail they all break within a couple months or a couple times camping, we gave up, we are tired of the merry-go-round, there should be a recall on these units or our money should be refunded, it would only be right.
camper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #12

Yeah, I agree, but we all know that's NOT gonna happen! I have the ZX 600, and when I got my camper home the first day, I was out there playing around with the Concertcrap, and blew the amp, I think. The dealer sent the tech guy out to the house to verify that it was actually bad, I might have pushed the wrong buttons, they said, so after that they ordered me a new one, and came out and installed it for me. It's been 3 years now, and it still works great! I must have gotten the only good one they had! Knock on wood!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I am sure there are 10s of thousands more! :-)
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #14

I know of at least two more !! The 600 in my previous trailer and the zx700 in my current trailer. Both worked/work perfectly.

...VTX_AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
Site Team - Lou

No complaints on my ZX-700's designed performance either.

I would really have preferred a COMPONENT or HDMI output so the DVDs would play in 720p HD. Seems silly to me to have a surround sound DVD player that is limited to composite output. Since the TV in my unit is AC only, I need to run the inverter when dry camping, so adding a small up-converting 1080p DVD player and HDMI cable to the TV was no problem. I have several MP3 custom mix music CDs that I play in the Concertone when we have parties or just want to listen to music.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Jensen

AWM970IP - JENSEN AM/FM/CD/DVD/USB/iPod Ready Wallmount Stereo

Check KyDan's post. He found it for about $240. I have this unit and it is a huge upgrade.

Here is the Jensen installed in our Surveyor.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ures-3888.html
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #17

Angry

I threw mine in the garbage last spring and never looked back.

I can't remember for sure, but look on the face by the CD opening.
Look for a hole that is about the diameter of a paper clip.
If there is one, you can straighten out a paper clip and push it into that hole to eject the CD/DVD.
It manually trips the mechanism to eject the disk.
It will look just like the one on your computers CD Drive.
Dont be afraid to push hard.

Concertone is pure garbage.
Forest River should be ashamed of them selves for using this poor quality equipment.

Are you listening FR? We Are Not Happy!

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #18

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
We have the ZX-700 ..................no problems to date !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #19

i have had to use a knife also and tweezers to grab it
firedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #20
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
aaaaahhhh - the more we talk the more we find people that actually have Concertones that work, I love it! It may be an uphill battle, but it is one we will continue to wage.

I AM SORRY FOR THOSE OF OF YOU THAT HAVE THROWN IN THE TOWEL AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED SATISFACTION! If there is anything I can do to reverse the course PLEASE let me know!

For the rest or you, we will endeavor work with you to find the problem and get ya going!

For any of you out of warranty with the RV manufacturer please contact me directly to discuss our new service/repair program that we are getting ready to launch. I will GLADLY offer to you for WAY LESS than retail AND less than changing brands. This new program will also warranty the new unit for another year.

All the best,
Bob Fields
bfields@concertone.com
(310) 320-9910 x121 - Office
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote