Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #1

Zx700

I have an 8281ss rockwood 2011 5th wheel and I find that the built in Zx700 player is not the best quality. Sometimes the picture has little lines in it and I am not very impressed with it. The radio does fine Do I need to have the dealer change it out, while under warranty or is this just how it is?
mstell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
J. Parham

If under warranty go for it. I had my ZX700 replaced while under warranty and received the ZX800. It seems to actually work as advertised. I am relatively happy with it.
Nights Camped in 2012: 85
snjparham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #3

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
It may only be a loose connection. Allot of problems come from the person at the factory hooking up the cables to the unit. Try removing the unit carefully from the cabinets and look at the squirels nest behind (wires) and make sure they are pushed in all the way and if they are even connected. We had the same problem with ours right after we picked it up. My wife didn't want me messing with it....she reads the forums also about having problems with Concertone Equipment. Well 2-loose wires later our unit has performed flawlessly since then! Who even put the unit in at the factory didn't push the connections "IN" all the way !! You have to pop the face plate off first "pry open with a small flat-head screw driver" you'll see the slots on the sides to pry it open (faceplate) Then you be able to get to the 4- screws that actually hold the unit to the cabinet. Slowly pull it out because you'll have the full weight of the unit. Have someone hold the unit while you check the connections....then reverse order to re-attach unit ! -- hope this helps

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote