Old 09-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #51

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
We just purchased a 2011 Rockwood Windjammer and it has the zx690/700 in it and it works great. Im trying to look threw all the manuals to see if it the 700 series.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boyz View Post
Just ordered zx700 to replace the 2 previous 600 models. Am I wasting my money. Has anyone had any luck with Forest River picking up the tab on these after warranty is out??
Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but why would any company "pick up the tab" after the warrantee is out?

That's the deal you accepted when you bought it.....

On another note:

Wife talked to the dealer today about our 2 day old crapped out zx75. They were pretty non committal, but they implied the worse case scenario was they would order a zx700 as a replacement and split the cost of the upgrade with us.

They will also order the IPOD wall dock at our cost (we are ok with that).

Not the best deal, but not the worst either.

We find out thurday (have to call the warrantee folks at FR and see what they'll do) what the final decision will be.....

Old 09-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #53
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
The clairion was in my 2008 21ss roo witch i sold and got the 2011 2304s.
Gotcha
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #54
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Current model line starts at the zx75:

And "top out" at the zx690/700:

200 bucks in the overall price difference. Mine had the lowest model in the line. Didn't find out until after I bought it and the cd/dvd player stopped working the second day in the driveway.

The lowest model available is not acceptable on a 35,000 dollar rig and the dealer is going to find that out today.....
Actually there are "lower" level models that FR uses in less expensive units that do not do video and such.

Also, you do understand that FR makes the call on what unit is in what rig (not Concertone) right?

I hope it works out!!!
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #55
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boyz View Post
Just ordered zx700 to replace the 2 previous 600 models. Am I wasting my money. Has anyone had any luck with Forest River picking up the tab on these after warranty is out??
Did you order from Concertone Directly?
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Actually there are "lower" level models that FR uses in less expensive units that do not do video and such.

Also, you do understand that FR makes the call on what unit is in what rig (not Concertone) right?

I hope it works out!!!
Yeah, there's two models below my XS75 DVD equipped unit from what I can see on the Concertone site. The zx 50 and 25. There's 12 to 15 (depending on which ones do video) class "a" models above the xs75, but it's the top one you can get for class"b". That's still a pretty low end of the model if you ask me.

Actually, it was niether FR or CT that decided what went in the trailer. My dealer made that decision, according to him. They even "bragged" they ordered all the options on thier trailers and sell them at close to base price .

The service manager called FR warranty and was surprised to find my model had the xs75. Aparantly, thier records indicated it should have had the zx600 installed .

Conversation went like this (according to the service manager)-

SM: I've got a broken dvd player on trailer number XXX for warranty and they'd like to upgrade to the zx690/700 model.

FR warranty: No problem, it's not much of a jump from the zx600

SM: No, it's a zx75

FRW: Ummmm, No. Our records say it's got a zx600

SM: Well, we've got a problem somewhere then....

They're looking into it now and will let me know what happened and what they're going to do about it.

Yeesh, this is turning into quite the production......
Old 09-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpage3 View Post
Rockwood is referring to the ZX690 as the ZX700. I was wondering if there is actually a ZX700 out there and what adapter cable would it take to hook it up to the the wiring harness for a ZX500. Concertone doesn't have a phone number or physical address on any of their pages? My dealer is ordering me a ZX700 to replace the ZX500 that shorted out and I want to have the cable to hook it up with on hand when it gets here.

I found this on the concertone website:

Accessories

Home Accessories

ZX690-ADPTR

ZX690-ADPTR

List Price: Our Price: $19.99You Save:
SKU: VI-TG42-QRN0

In Stock
Usually ships in 4-5 business days

Description:Adapts ZX690 to ZX500/600 harness

Features: Adapts ZX690 to ZX500/600 harness
Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #58

The tech heard back from FR on upgrading our busted (less than 24 hrs old at the time) XS75.

The answer?

Basically, go "do something nasty" to your hat.

We'll replace it and nothing else. Shut up and take it.

No problem. I bought the seven year extended warranty and I'll be back every time it craps out. Every glitch, every stumble, every littel GD thing that goes wrong with it.

When that's done, I'll rip the pile out and swap in a jensen. Or whatever is the best going item for wall mount RV at the time.

Thanks for nothing FR, at least the dealer was wiling to go half on the price difference for the upgrade.

Not happy with FR and this does not bode well for the rest of the warranty experience in the future...
Old 09-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #59

I have the 700 in our trailer, so far so good.I was little disappointed with the sound quality, but the new sub fixed that(posted in mods section). plays everything fine. I do wish it had the capability to play dvd inside for the kids and music outside for us tho. If it can I dont know how to do it. I was never a fan of the jenson brand radios. I found them to be of low quality and the caliber of the realistic radio shack radios.
2005 Polaris sportman 500HO (mine)

trailraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #60
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
The tech heard back from FR on upgrading our busted (less than 24 hrs old at the time) XS75.

The answer?

Basically, go "do something nasty" to your hat.

We'll replace it and nothing else. Shut up and take it.

No problem. I bought the seven year extended warranty and I'll be back every time it craps out. Every glitch, every stumble, every littel GD thing that goes wrong with it.

When that's done, I'll rip the pile out and swap in a jensen. Or whatever is the best going item for wall mount RV at the time.

Thanks for nothing FR, at least the dealer was wiling to go half on the price difference for the upgrade.

Not happy with FR and this does not bode well for the rest of the warranty experience in the future...

Not sure why you are upset with FR here. They have agreed to warrant the defective item and replace with the same unit it came with. IMO they are totally honoring the warranty and not screwing you. Do you think an auto manufacturer would do what you want if you complained about the sound system in your vehicle and upgrade it for free? Not a chance in HE double hockey sticks so why should FR. I am not trying to start an argument but your request is in MHO unreasonable, if you want better buy it and put it in yourself. Yes you got a bad unit and if it keeps breaking take back but there are an awefull lot of people that have that same unit and it works as well as intended so I hope the replacement works as it should.

Good luck

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote