Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #61
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
The tech heard back from FR on upgrading our busted (less than 24 hrs old at the time) XS75.

The answer?

Basically, go "do something nasty" to your hat.

We'll replace it and nothing else. Shut up and take it.

No problem. I bought the seven year extended warranty and I'll be back every time it craps out. Every glitch, every stumble, every littel GD thing that goes wrong with it.

When that's done, I'll rip the pile out and swap in a jensen. Or whatever is the best going item for wall mount RV at the time.

Thanks for nothing FR, at least the dealer was wiling to go half on the price difference for the upgrade.

Not happy with FR and this does not bode well for the rest of the warranty experience in the future...
I am sorry you are not happy that they would not upgrade you, but I hope the new unit solves your problem. If you want to upgrade in the future, I will see what I can do to help.

All the best,
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #62
Grape Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Not sure why you are upset with FR here. They have agreed to warrant the defective item and replace with the same unit it came with. IMO they are totally honoring the warranty and not screwing you. Do you think an auto manufacturer would do what you want if you complained about the sound system in your vehicle and upgrade it for free? Not a chance in HE double hockey sticks so why should FR. I am not trying to start an argument but your request is in MHO unreasonable, if you want better buy it and put it in yourself. Yes you got a bad unit and if it keeps breaking take back but there are an awefull lot of people that have that same unit and it works as well as intended so I hope the replacement works as it should.

Good luck
Big difference here. Concertone units are well documented in their failure rates. If any stand alone company had such a worthless product it would long be out of business. A one year warrantee on a piece of equipment that gets used perhaps a dozen times a year is worthless IMHO.
No auto manufacturer would get away with what these RV manufacturers do in this day and age.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #63
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Big difference here. Concertone units are well documented in their failure rates. If any stand alone company had such a worthless product it would long be out of business. A one year warrantee on a piece of equipment that gets used perhaps a dozen times a year is worthless IMHO.
No auto manufacturer would get away with what these RV manufacturers do in this day and age.
I keep saying to myself I need to go through all these posts that people perceive as gospel and document that many of the posts referred to are from a small group of people and from the PAST. That is NOT TO SAY (as I have said more than a few times now) that there have been no problems, but the most vocal and detailed posts have been submitted over and over again by many of the same people.

Yes, they had a problem and yes they were not satisfied. I feel bad about that, but just because they keep posting their same complaint does not mean Forest River or Concertone has not addressed issue or that their particular issue even exists today. While painful for those that experience problems, the failure rate is in fact low.

I especially enjoy the same people who recommend the same Jensen that others say is crap. Sound is a personal and subjective thing. A product working or not is pretty objective and I agree they should be taken care of - which is certainly the case here.

The product is being replaced appropriately under warranty...
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #64

I will agree in reguards to what the rv industry gets away with in their warranties. If you spent $30,000 + on a car and only got a 1 year warranty you would tell them to pound salt, but we spend it on a trailer and accept that no questions asked. Here in Calgary your lucky to get 5 months use out of a trailer, and lucky if you can use it half of the weekends in that 5 months. so IMHO you get a 15 day warranty from the manufacturer.
2005 Polaris sportman 500HO (mine)

trailraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #65
Grape Escape

Don't get me wrong as I will recommend a Forest River product to anyone as I think they are the best in their respective categories. Having owned a 2006 Rockwood tt and now a 2008 Cardinal 5th both of which I will highly recommend but both had Concertone failures and also have 2 friends with Rockwoods and theirs have failed as well so I can't believe there is a low failure rate. 4 for 4 is 100% the way I see it.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #66
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
... 4 for 4 is 100% the way I see it.
I completely understand where you are coming from!

A review of how many RVs are built by FR will demonstrate the failure rate that I speak of. I have said all along that for those of you that feel the pain it is REAL and more than ANNOYING.

My hope is we continue to move forward positively and with an understanding of the overall facts.

We will have some exciting announcements in the near future regarding service and availability.
(781) 281-9440
Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #67

Outside Speaker volume problems

I have a 2011 Rockwood 8314BSS with ZX700. My dealer just replaced it because of static issues & hoped it would solve the volume problem but it didn't. Here's the problem, listening to radio inside and go outside to grill dinner, turn on outside speakers but you can barely hear them. Only way to hear them is turn the volume up which makes inside sound levels deafening. I had a 2009 Rockwood 2701SS previously where inside and outside sound levels were comparable. I'm wondering if outside speakers are the problem, they are only like a 3 or 4 inch speaker whereas the the 2009 had six inch speakers on the outside. Anyone else experiencing this problem and or found a solution?
SamDar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #68
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDar47 View Post
I have a 2011 Rockwood 8314BSS with ZX700. My dealer just replaced it because of static issues & hoped it would solve the volume problem but it didn't. Here's the problem, listening to radio inside and go outside to grill dinner, turn on outside speakers but you can barely hear them. Only way to hear them is turn the volume up which makes inside sound levels deafening. I had a 2009 Rockwood 2701SS previously where inside and outside sound levels were comparable. I'm wondering if outside speakers are the problem, they are only like a 3 or 4 inch speaker whereas the the 2009 had six inch speakers on the outside. Anyone else experiencing this problem and or found a solution?
Can you actually SEE the outside speakers? As in, are the holes actually cutout? Stranger things have been found.

Did the dealer address this?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #69

I am trying to locate a manual for the ZX690/700 unit. We did not get one with our Lexington and I've been unsuccessful finding a PDF file anywhere. A PDF would be best because we are mostly full timing at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

Steve
walnotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #70
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnotr View Post
I am trying to locate a manual for the ZX690/700 unit. We did not get one with our Lexington and I've been unsuccessful finding a PDF file anywhere. A PDF would be best because we are mostly full timing at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

Steve
If you are not in a terrible hurry, I will scan my manual in and email it to you. PM your email address to me. Don't post it here in an open forum.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #71

Lou and or Laura,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have sent a request off to Bob Fields and am waiting for a reply from him. If he is unable to provide any information I will take you up on your generous offer.

Thanks,

Steve
walnotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #72
Site Team - Lou

No worries Steve, If Bob comes through with a PDF feel free to post it.
I love replacing my paper copies with digital ones. They weigh almost nothing.

Do zero's weigh less than ones?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #73
Owner - RVtronics

I emailed ZX700 Manual to Steve this morning.
(781) 281-9440
Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #74
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDar47 View Post
Back on Oct 28th I asked if you could actually SEE the speakers - can you? What ever happened?

Thanks!
(781) 281-9440
Old 12-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpage3 View Post
Rockwood is referring to the ZX690 as the ZX700. I was wondering if there is actually a ZX700 out there and what adapter cable would it take to hook it up to the the wiring harness for a ZX500. Concertone doesn't have a phone number or physical address on any of their pages? My dealer is ordering me a ZX700 to replace the ZX500 that shorted out and I want to have the cable to hook it up with on hand when it gets here.
There you go ZX690-ADPTR | CONCERTONE

Cable
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
No worries Steve, If Bob comes through with a PDF feel free to post it.
I love replacing my paper copies with digital ones. They weigh almost nothing.

Do zero's weigh less than ones?
I do have a copy of the ZX700
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZX700 Owners Manual.pdf (9.63 MB, 135 views)
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote