Old 10-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #1

ZX700 DVD Video problems

I bought a Rockwood 2604 in March 2011 from RV Wholesales. When I put a DVD in the ZX700 it plays OK for a few minutes. Then the picture gets darker and darker until the screen is black. I also tryed different DVD's and still the same problem.
Should I contact the dealer I bought the Rockwood from or concertone or Bob Fields about this problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Contact you dealer, they are you first POC when you need warranty fixes.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
BaronBigDog

Concertone

I just installed a 700 in my 09 Flagstaff after the original unit died. I kind of had the same problem only mine faded and never came back. I am attempting to get Concertone to correct the problem at the moment. My remote does not work either. Does yours? The audio is still good, but that may change at a moments notice. Gives yet another warm and fuzzy for made in China doesn't it?

Bob Fields, with Concertone, is a good person repping a possibly less than stellar product, but he will treat you right. If you do change out the unit wait until you have the new one before pulling the current one. The wiring harness on mine looks like a rats nest. I would shoot myself if I had wired it. I have never seen a poorer installation.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Moved this over to the Concertone Forum, has nothing to with with trailer brands. Thank Viper764 for putting it there but these units are in many trailers with their own forum, hence the move to here. Please don't anyone be offended.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
BaronBigDog

Concertone forum

No problem, just responding with a similar issue. Now for another question, how do I access the Concertone forum?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

One way to access the forum is to look at the top of the page. You will see FOREST RIVER FORUMS on the left side. Under that you will find a tab that says Forums. From there you can find all the different discussions going on. Just below that, you will see

Forest River Forums > Forest River Tech Talk > General Tech and Repair > Concertone

and that will tell you what Forum you are in.

Hope that is clear.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #7

Hi George Deems,
Did you get your ZX700 replace? I put a claim in on Oct 3 and I got a few replies from my dealer saying they sent e-mails and will let me know when they find out. I don't know who the dealer e-mail FR or Concertone?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #8
BaronBigDog

Sure did. I may have a different set of circumstances than you. My original unit was out of warranty and I actually purchased the replacement at a reduced cost. Concertone is really good in that respect. They have an out of warranty program that allows you to replace a defective unit without breaking the bank.

My new, replacement, unit only worked for around 15 minutes and lost video output. The sound still worked well, but a video without a picture is just a radio program.

Bob Fields is Concertones guru and he took care of the issue PDQ. I have installed the replacement unit and for the moment it works like a new one.

I honestly have mixed feelings about Concertone as I have had two failures and see a lot of posts regarding similar instances, but I will emphatically state that they do stand behind their product, and their customer service is prompt and efficient.

If your dealer is having issues there should be a phone number in your Concertone manual that will take you directly to Concertone. You will probably speak directly with Bob. If my experiences are any example your problems will be quickly resolved.