Old 05-25-2015, 05:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I pulled the ZX-700 this afternoon after finishing up some mods. The unit is mounted in a small upper cabinet just below the ceiling. What a nest of wires! Unfortunately, I didn't have a step stool to stand on so I couldn't tell if the centre channel wires were connected. I'll go back out to the farm (where it's stored) tomorrow with a step stool to try to see if the center channel wires are hooked up properly.

I checked the manual and "Room A" which is the living room, uses 5.1 surround sound. The other 2 "rooms" (the bedroom and outside speakers) are regular stereo.

If I can't tell whether or not the center channels wires are properly connected, I see if I can switch Room A to regular stereo using the on screen settings.
There are Not very many wires back there! Contact (Bob Fields) he will/can Help with your ZX 700 issue! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxd 002.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	456.5 KB
ID:	77961   Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxd 003.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	477.6 KB
ID:	77962  

Old 05-25-2015, 07:12 AM   #12
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
But could you hear it out of the center channel speakers? That was our issue and why some things worked and others didn't.
I don't think so. My 3 speakers up front (L, C & R) are very close together so it's difficult to tell. Having surround sound in a camper is definitely not a high priority for us so I can live with it as is until I have time to make sense of that birds nest of wires back there. They're all labeled but I'll need someone to hold the unit while I try to trace the wires which means convincing DW it's worth doing since she'll be the one to help me out where we have it stored.

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #13
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
There are Not very many wires back there! Contact (Bob Fields) he will/can Help with your ZX 700 issue! Youroo!!
Yup. That's exactly what mine looks like, too.

Is Bob still around? I know he's not with Concertone anymore. I originally posted about my problem a couple weeks ago and he hasn't replied.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
I don't think so. My 3 speakers up front (L, C & R) are very close together so it's difficult to tell. Having surround sound in a camper is definitely not a high priority for us so I can live with it as is until I have time to make sense of that birds nest of wires back there. They're all labeled but I'll need someone to hold the unit while I try to trace the wires which means convincing DW it's worth doing since she'll be the one to help me out where we have it stored.

Understandable, but if you pursue it...

We used a tube for gift wrapping paper and held it up to the speaker and our ear to isolate the sound from each speaker to verify it.

The one good thing that Sabre did is that each speaker got its own wire color. We pulled the speaker from the ceiling first and found that its color and then looked for that one in the rats nest behind the radio.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Yup. That's exactly what mine looks like, too.

Is Bob still around? I know he's not with Concertone anymore. I originally posted about my problem a couple weeks ago and he hasn't replied.
Yes Bob is still a (BOLD Type) person on this Site! You must PM him though,he is a Busy Man! He still has knowledge about CTone! Youroo!!
Old 05-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #16
Canadian Member

Thanks, guys.

Any idea how I might pull the covers off these speakers so I can check the wire colors? The manual I have for the ZX700 shows the wires colors from the unit so if I can verify the wire colors at the center speaker, I should be able to easily see if FR wired it correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	646400.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	78004  

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote