Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #1

Zx75 DVD player hook up

Is there a way to hook up the video out from the zx75 to a newer TV with only component and HDMI inputs? Ibelieve I tried every combination possible , bit I could have possibly missed something attached photos to show back of TV and the out put I am trying to use
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180815_201800.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	183366   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180815_201818.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	183367  
hogie7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:32 AM   #2

You might be out of luck, unless one of the three component inputs defaults to “video in” as some or most used to in the days they did. Try taking the yellow video out from the XZ75 and connecting it to the component input with the “Y” below it. I think it is the one that is green in color. If the TV does not default to video, it may have to be selected by the TV menu settings using the TV remote and selected manually. If it does not default and there is nothing in the menu which can be selected, likely the units are not compatible. The audio connection should be straight forward. Also connecting the video out from the XZ75 into the other two component inputs individually shouldn't hurt anything if “Y” doesn’t work. However, if “Y” does not work, likely the other two won’t either.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:40 AM   #3

The only way is to get an NTSC to HDMI upconverter but it will still look like crap. Not sure why to this day RV manufacturers sell these shitty playback devices that only out put video like this.

You can not do what the previous poster said to do. You can not input the video out of your player into the Y input of the composite video.

The way I get around it is rip DVDs and Bluerays to disc and play it with a separate device.

If you don't want to rip DVDs, buy a player that has an HDMI or component output!
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
You can not do what the previous poster said to do. You can not input the video out of your player into the Y input of the composite video.
Do you know this as a fact for the TV set owned by the OP? As my Samsung TV works exactly as I explained above. EXACTLY! And the OP has not yet replied to my suggestion. I never said it would work, I said it might work.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitshaft View Post
Do you know this as a fact for the TV set owned by the OP? As my Samsung TV works exactly as I explained above. EXACTLY! And the OP has not yet replied to my suggestion. I never said it would work, I said it might work.
You may have that "rare" tv that has such a thing but unless the back of the tv's component video input for "Y" shows that as an alternate input(yours probably does)it won't work! I have yet to see a high def TV that has come out lately with an NTSC input. Just not worth it. I know the one that came with my RV doesn't!
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #6

I was pretty sure it wasnt going to work but just wanted to confirm it with those who would know for sure. Guess i will just have to buy myself a cheap little DVD player. Thanks for the quick replies
hogie7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #7

there should be an adapter of some kind , perhaps at Amazon

Tags
dvd