Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #1

ZX75 vs ZX85

I currently have a Concertone ZX75 but I'm somewhat unimpressed by the sound and would also like Bluetooth capability so I can stream Pandora or my Ipod from my Iphone while sitting around the campfire. Can anyone tell me about their experience with the ZX85? The description on the website mentions that the 85 features ""short range wireless solutions."" What exactly do they mean by that? Are they talking about a feature similar to Bluetooth? Will the wiring harness from my 75 plug in to the 85? Same mounting hole size? I've read a few bad stories about Concertone's reliability. What's the track record of the ZX85? Thanks in advance.
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #2

I guess I jumped the gun. After reading further I came across this interesting bit of info. Sorry guys.

If you currently own a ZX75 there is no rewiring necessary - HOWEVER you will need to enlarge the mounting hole slighly AND you will need to verify you have atleast 5" of depth! Any other Chassis Size B will need to be rewired.

Some insight on Short Range Wireless Solution would still be appreciated.
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Yes, Short Range Wireless includes Bluetooth. Marketing thought we were being cute. All info now changing over to Bluetooth! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
FYI - There is a $100 rebate on the ZX85 and $250 on the ZX800 this month! See Concertone® Home Page for more info or ping me...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote