Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Phone Test.

Trying out a new phone to see how it works on the net.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Trying out a new phone to see how it works on the net.
Do tell. What one did you get. Like it? Everybody at work is getting the new Droids and they all love them. I just can't swallow the $30/mo per phone data package price. Ouch!
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, much easier on the wife's iPhone.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Do tell. What one did you get. Like it? Everybody at work is getting the new Droids and they all love them. I just can't swallow the $30/mo per phone data package price. Ouch!
My 1st post was with my new el-cheapo non-smart phone. It is a LG Script which I got for $9.99 with a 2 year contract from a local carrier......which I have used previously with an older phone. I am now trying to learn text messaging, picture taking, and how to manuever on the net. Just getting on the forum and posting was little hard to figure out, with plenty of scrolling with just partial screens. Wouldn't want to do that very often.

Post #3 was an entirely different matter. The owner of my wife's company gave her an iPhone 3G recently, and that puppy is sweet. Easy to manuever, full screen views, and you can blow up sections of the screen that you want to view.

I agree that the $30 per month is hard to swallow, and my wife would probably not have the iPhone if her company didn't provide the phone and service. I have to pay an extra $10 per month for my unlimited data plan. The service for her phone is $30, as well as Blackberries and other smart phones, which I think includes unlimited data. So if you figure all of that in, it is only $20 over what I have to pay for unlimited data.

I also have to pay $10 for unlimited text and pictures. She has to pay $10 or so for a limited amount of text and pictures. And of course, the regular phone rates apply on both phones.

If she didn't have the iPhone, then I would seriously consider 1 for myself even at the extra $20 per month. I figure I can use hers most anytime that we are together.

BTW.....back on the pooter for this long post.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I think I read on here somewhere about a RVing app for the iPhone, but can't find that post now. There are 2 versions of the RV Companian, a free download and 1 that costs $3.99. I think the only diffence is more available storage space in the app that costs. I haven't messed with it too much yet, but it does have a neat camper level, that will even tell you about how much to raise the low sides.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #6

I just signed up for verizon. service is incredible. I have the LG Touch. it has a touch screen and opens to a qwerty keypad, which is easier for text. surfs the net with no problems the only thing it doesnt do is open attachments on my email. and it has a flash for the camera that is adjustable. very nice

Jon Breen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #7

I think cell phone have become addictive and are getting dangerous, people are so rap up with there phones mainly the younger ones they are not paying any attention to there surroundings. Don't get me wrong they are great to have and yes I have one as well. My son is 19 and has the blackberry Tour and every time I look at him he is starring at the screen, some times It is hard to get his attention and If we are having a conversation and he gets a text then our conversation is over and at this point I am ready to hit him right in the head. One of these days he is going to have his Blackberry in one hand and TP in the other and he is going to answer the wrong hand. By the way, I have the LG 8300 and it will not die, It's a great phone. Good luck to all that have the latest and the greatest and enjoy.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, here is a little comparision between my LG Script and the missus' iPhone.

As stated before, the iPhone is much easier to surf the web. But the big full QWERTY (including a numbers row) keyboard on the LG is easier than the touch typing on the iPhone....at least for me. The iphone battery doesn't last worth a hoot.....a day at the most......that puppy has a lot of things going on to pull power, including downloading apps. But overall, if people can afford it, the iPhone rocks.