Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #11
RETIRED

[QUOTE=Boso;898817]Stayed at bar harbor Koa on waterfront beautiful in May no problems with anything that time of year with little wind

Boso must have just missed you at Bar Harbor KOA. They told us weeks before we got there had had beautiful weather. We had 3 days of rain on the waterfront. Gave us a site with a little tree to cut the wind. Still even grey the view was nice

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #12

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself very well I was there many years ago not this year or last I think maybe 2005 I was in a 2004 discovery that's the way I keep up with years by what I was driving at the time but it was beautiful best lobster in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 06-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #13

[QUOTE=n-e-d;898886]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
Stayed at bar harbor Koa on waterfront beautiful in May no problems with anything that time of year with little wind

Boso must have just missed you at Bar Harbor KOA. They told us weeks before we got there had had beautiful weather. We had 3 days of rain on the waterfront. Gave us a site with a little tree to cut the wind. Still even grey the view was nice
Did you guys buy any baked goods from the lady driving around CG in the mini van selling them? I got a blueberry pie and ate the whole thing in one sitting
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #14

No I didn't see that when I was there but we went to the lobster pound picked a lobster they cooked it we carried to cg made slaw French fries hush puppies and my favorite little drink didn't know Maine had blue berries until I got there seen all the signs with baked goods on the side of roads for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #15
RETIRED

Did you guys buy any baked goods from the lady driving around CG in the mini van selling them? I got a blueberry pie and ate the whole thing in one sitting[/QUOTE]

Didnt see her while we were there. Just too wet. We usually get our Blueberry fix at the Morning Glory, a little bakery on a side street in Bar Harbor.We definitely miss the Pie Lady and her husband who were on Rte 3 heading in to Bar harbor. Always leave Acadia with a stop at Renys to pickup a case of Wymans blueberries packed in water

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
Old 06-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #16

We have an RPod that's only 19' pulled by a Jeep or a mini van. So I'm assuming we can fit in to most sites pretty easily. Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll start searching and will really look at the National Park campgrounds as well as the others.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #17
RETIRED

Shouldnt have a problem at either Blackwoods or Seawall. Myself I thought Seawall more open Blackwoods heavily wooded plus Seawall has a nice area across the street on the water to picnic and a couple of trails to the coast just down the road

2015 Jeep Cherokee
Old 06-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #18

Another vote for Bar Harbor Campground. About 3 miles outside the town of Bar Harbor, a couple of miles from Acadia. The CG's at the Acadia are a little remote from some of the area. Ditto on stopping at a lobster shack along the roadways (most close by 5pm). Last time to Maine DW and I went 3 times, fresh that morning lobster, back to the campground and nice rib eye steaks on a charcoal grill with a good bottle of Pinot Noir. Wine was more than both steaks and the lobster. Heaven!
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Another vote for Bar Harbor Campground. About 3 miles outside the town of Bar Harbor, a couple of miles from Acadia. The CG's at the Acadia are a little remote from some of the area. Ditto on stopping at a lobster shack along the roadways (most close by 5pm). Last time to Maine DW and I went 3 times, fresh that morning lobster, back to the campground and nice rib eye steaks on a charcoal grill with a good bottle of Pinot Noir. Wine was more than both steaks and the lobster. Heaven!

Here, Here to the wine!

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #20
RETIRED

X2 Sherman12

2015 Jeep Cherokee