Old 07-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #31

In Belfast Maine I am staying at the Moorings Ocean Front and in Burlington Vermont I am staying at North Beach Campground

bldhnd617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #32
OffGrid

I am drooling over the lobsters....honestly, $6 for a 1.5lb lobster, I am in deep
My husband keeps telling me don't get too carried away with all these pre trip fantasies since it would be a year before we head out there....boy, I might just move up the date....

Old 07-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #33
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldhnd617 View Post
In Belfast Maine I am staying at the Moorings Ocean Front and in Burlington Vermont I am staying at North Beach Campground
Thanks We usually make Acadia in 6 hrs so havent camped along coastal hiway except for a one nighter at Mt Battie. Burlington rail pathway is one of our favorites and the best part of North Beach

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #34

We are currently at Narrows Too CG . It a very nice CG especially with having an ocean view. No bugs with a nice breeze almost constantly blowing.
We had a mechanical issue with our motorhome and called Ellsworth RV for service. They were great, very responsive and worked with us for our extended warranty. Highly recommend them if you have any issues with ypur RV while in the Acadia NP area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
We are currently at Narrows Too CG . It a very nice CG especially with having an ocean view. No bugs with a nice breeze almost constantly blowing.
We had a mechanical issue with our motorhome and called Ellsworth RV for service. They were great, very responsive and worked with us for our extended warranty. Highly recommend them if you have any issues with ypur RV while in the Acadia NP area.

We are planning a trip to Narrows Too this October. Trying to determine which Ocean site to select, deluxe or not.
Any information would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #36

We pull into Bar Harbor CG , you pick your site place a chair then driver your rig back to the office pay then drive back to your site . It was all uneven close and the area we looked at was not nice. Went to Narrows Too great place about 12-15 $ more but well worth it in my opinion !

2008 Georgetown XL 378 TS
Jack Durney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #37

Nice even ground with full hookups but no shade in the area we were in. Enjoyed the pool!! With a group so used the meeting building. Had to go to that building to use Wi-Fi.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #38
OffGrid

Is June too early (temperature) to be in Arcadia? It's still at the tail of winter here in Ohio and we think it may still be too cold to be on the east coast.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #39
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweiland View Post
Is June too early (temperature) to be in Arcadia? It's still at the tail of winter here in Ohio and we think it may still be too cold to be on the east coast.
Camped at Bar Harbor KOA and Bar Harbor campground first of June. We had 2 days of on and off rain and 5 of beautiful 60+ degree days. Great for walking/riding carriage roads- no bugs to speak of. But thats New England you never know. Best part most of the campgrounds are wide open with empty sites

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The KULAs View Post
We are planning a trip to Narrows Too this October. Trying to determine which Ocean site to select, deluxe or not.
Any information would be great.
Thanks in advance.

We were opposite the lessor ocean site (without trees) and the view was very nice. The sites are back in but most of the motorhomes pulled straight in so the view was out the windshield. That being said, you need to make sure you have long enough sewer, water and electric cables/hoses to reach under your coach to the services. I really liked Narrows Too Campground especially since it was not in the hussle bussle of Bar Harbor. Hope you enjoy it