Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2019, 10:41 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
We go from Iowa to Orange Beach Al for Jan through March. Jan not as warm as south Florida but weather is nice Feb - Mar. Beautiful white sand beaches and friendly folks.

We stay at Gulf State Park and are looking for another option for March. Where do you stay if you don’t mind me asking.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:30 PM   #62

It depends a lot on what you like/expect to do. We stay at a park on the shores of beautiful Lake Istokpoga. It's located about 9 miles east of Sebring FL. in a little town called Lorida, FL, nestled among cattle ranches & citrus groves. The campground is owned by The Church of the Brethren but operated independently by The Palms Estates. Camp sites are shaded by huge moss covered Live Oaks or sunny open spots among orange trees.

We have a covered heated pool, large air-conditioned library, hobby house & fellowship hall. We have a private boat launch, storage lot, horseshoe pits, shuffleboard courts & of course the best LargeMouth Bass fishing in Florida. If pan fish are your pleasure, we have several different species of Blue Gills & of course Crappe & Catfish. We offer bird watching & are close to the world renowned Archbald Nature Reserve, Mahogany Hammock State Park, golf courses & a few miles east of Sebring Raceway, home of the famous 12 hours of Sebring.
All of the sights have 50 amp service, water & sewer hookups. We have cable hookups for long term campers, internet hookup & plain old antenna reception from both coasts. We have security cameras & a park manager who lives on the premises. We offer carry-in dinners, Bingo, Square dancing & Country Line dancing as well as Yoga classes. Ping Pong tables & Pool Tables with limited exercise equipment in the Hobby House.We have had quilting & painting classes in the well equipped craft shop.

We are an adult community for 55 or older & no pets allowed. I came here 20 yrs ago to camp & fish & 5 yrs ago purchased a permanent home among the friendly, helpful, good Christian people who come here for a week or stay through the winter. A few old timers stay year round. We are close to Disney World, Leggo Land, Parish Railroad Museum & many other smaller lakes. Don't be surprised if you fall in love with the place!
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:50 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolem View Post
... Many sites required a minimum of 30 days and we’re a little short of that. ...
You could always book (and pay) for the entire 30 days and leave a few days early, if that doesn't make the average daily cost (for the days you actually stay) more than you're willing to pay.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:08 AM   #64

I did 1 winter near Houston, 2 near Tampa, and the last 5 in southern Arizona. No mildew, fewer crowds, cheaper, easy access to Mexico for cheap dental, optical and pharmacy, no fire ants, sunny and warm. Check out Yuma parks.
Okmunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:23 AM   #65

Largo. Clearwater and Seminole in Pinellas County Fl just west of Tampa has lots of RV resorts. Its a mix of urban busy and laid back beach towns. I'm sure you'll find something there, try Rainbow Village, Yankee Traveler or Buckley. There's also a hidden gem if you want to be close to the beaches and back to nature in a huge sandy site. Fort Desoto Campground and its owned by Pinellas County. Its not easy to get ireservations and you can only stay 14 days, however they do have several sites available on a walk in basis only. Pasco County is a little further north and they will have an occasional frost.

We have a site next to our house house I've thought about renting but only to a quiet retired couple. It's in an upscale subdivision within a block of 2 golf course clubhouses. Restaurants and Publix groceries are only one mile away..

Private message me if youre interested and I discuss it with my wife.
deciccocpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
I'm a newbie and looking for advice on a spot in south central Florida, Jan thru March. I am not finding much available . Is it even possible this late.i'm browsing with Goodsam and some other campsite apps .Is it better to call them. We are excited to get out of Iowa winters and enjoy the sun. We're in a 25 foot sunseeker.
I have a available site in Arizona Jan-Mar 2020 in a amazing RV park. No bugs, no humidity!
brewnut44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:03 AM   #67
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
Try Williston Crossing RV Resort in north central Florida. They are always booked up, but they have a new sister park in Chiefland. I do not recall the name of it and don’t know if it is booked or not. I’m sure Williston is referring folks over there already. It's a new park, so it may be a little rough around the edged. I’m not sure.
I think it's called Southern Leisure RV Resort. If it's as nice as Williston Crossings it would be worth checking out. Close to Cedar Key and Gainesville.

https://www.southernleisurervresort.com/
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:41 AM   #68

We have camped for four months the past two years at Jennings Resort at Lake Wales, FL, about 30 miles SW of Orlando. Cost around $600 month including all utilities except TV.
eapierpont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #69

Great options everyone , thanks , we have been sidetracked with a family health issue but plan to get our spot picked this week. This forum is great.
Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #70

first, a lot of rv places are run by Canadians, better chance if your Canadian, and second, learn to speak French!
mjcblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #71

Some of Florida is tough to get into especially during season. Some parks allow RV'rs to stay long period and long advance reservations. Best to do DD and make some phone calls. Here are a couple you could try 700 Long Point Rd, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951 … 321 952 4532 not resort , has dump station. on water though small so less known.2400 Seasons in the Sun Blvd, Mims, FL 32754...321 385 0440 nice place KOA Next door looks rough https://renegadesontheriver.com/rv-sites/ have not been here but going in Oct. hear good things...… Good Luck. lots of places but may have better luck in or near smaller towns.
JumpinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #72

I rent a lot in Salt Springs, Florida at Elite Resorts and love it. It's not south Florida but winter temps are pretty mild. Check it out!

https://www.eliteresorts.com/destina...sort/overview/
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #73

TJ Woody are you staying at recreation plantation this winter We are in Jan and Feb
cameron4467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #74

https://www.ramblersrestrv.com/

https://campnative.com/campgrounds/u...port-charlotte

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #75

Cuda this may be your lucky day!

Last year we stayed at the Wild Frontier RV Park in Ocala, FL. Nice park, nice people. They just doubled the size of the park so you may still be able to make a reservation! Good luck!
Old 08-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #76

This place was nice also, https://rvonthego.com/florida/winter...tm_source=Yelp

winter quarters , Bradenton Fl
JumpinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #77

Yes, there are lots of nice places in coastal central FL. But the price & availability reflect that they are coastal. Palms Estates is almost geographically in the exact center of the State from the north, east & west. About 70 miles from each coast & 70 miles from Orlando. It's not a destination area for tourists so we don't have to deal with price gouging during the winter months. The attractions are more laid back & nature oriented. It's not unusual to watch a flock of wild turkeys stroll past your RV, a small herd of deer playing in an open field & a rare FL Panther come over the foot bridge. We see Sandhill cranes build nests in a small pond, lay eggs & bring their chicks for walks across your lawn. We have had Bald Eagles fly over our heads low enough to touch & land in a tree branch to watch us. Beats sitting in your RV & watching soaps.
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #78

Just north of gulf state park at Pandion Ridge RV resort. Nice place with friendly people. Next year will be the 3rd year staying there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
We stay at Gulf State Park and are looking for another option for March. Where do you stay if you don’t mind me asking.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:10 AM   #79

The area around Lake Okeechobee is usually very reasonable and there are abundant RV locations especially in Okeechobee County. The largest KOA in the company is located there as well as Silver Palms. and check out the county website
RECONUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #80

Southern Pines RV RESORT, Frostproof Fl. , they have a web site with photos.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, winter