Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #1

All booked for 2011 (north east)

Kinda of excited here, most reservations for camping are done for 2011. First trip is in April, we are going to Rhode Island. Except for a few misc. trips we are booked until the end of October 2011 (so far).

Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
Lucky, I'm jealous.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Well, you are way ahead of us! We are booked for 70 days this winter starting this weekend, and a week in Virginia for the First Battle of Manassas (Bull Run) 150th anniversary reenactment. Manassas National Battlefield Park (U.S. National Park Service)

We want to do a Canada trip (Maybe up the Gaspe Peninsula) but want to avoid as much mosquito and Black Fly Seasons as I can. No idea when that would be (any tips?).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #4

Lou.......

The Gaspe is just the start of some really nice scenery in the Maritmes.

I've been out to the coast sveral times in the summer. Just remmeber, their summertime weather and temperatures start a little later than others, and certainly after the bug season for your concerns.

I personally wouldn't go until late July or early August to make sure you enjoy the temps and the drier weather. If you've got time, do a trip over to Prince Edward Island (you only pay when you come back off the island) and for sure the Cabot Trail in Northern Nova Scotia has some incredible scenery.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Awesome Ken, Thank you.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #6

In 1970 I was 9 years old my parents took me on a trip to Canada, we traveled in a Cobra class C. Our travels took us up the east coast from Main over to Prince Edward Island (at that time you traveled by ferry) Then off to Ontario and Toronto but I think my favorite was Algonquin Provincial Park and Lake of Three Rivers campground. I remember two or three Native Indians camped next to us and they made us some log chairs and a totem poles. To this day I remember that trip.
I consider my self blessed that my parents and I spent a lot of time camping. An even better blessing will be passing it along. I want to take a trip back to Canada when my young children can enjoy it.
Do the trip, you will never forget it.

Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 PSD
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD QC King Ranch
2006 Titanium 36E41MPRV Loaded
SoundMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
We want to do a Canada trip (Maybe up the Gaspe Peninsula) but want to avoid as much mosquito and Black Fly Seasons as I can. No idea when that would be (any tips?).
Try to avoid the Province of Quebec for the weeks of July 24th and 31st this year - much of the labour force there is on vacation. Probably over a million people are OFF, on the road, in hotels, campgrounds, lakes, restaurants, stores, everywhere. No kidding.

We are also booked in 3 Ontario provincial parks (Sandbanks, Bon Echo and The Pinery) and 2 weeks in Myrtle Beach at Ocean Lakes CG. Very excited.

Now, if that snow can melt away.
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
In 1970 I was 9 years old my parents took me on a trip to Canada, we traveled in a Cobra class C. Our travels took us up the east coast from Main over to Prince Edward Island (at that time you traveled by ferry) Then off to Ontario and Toronto but I think my favorite was Algonquin Provincial Park and Lake of Three Rivers campground. I remember two or three Native Indians camped next to us and they made us some log chairs and a totem poles. To this day I remember that trip.
I consider my self blessed that my parents and I spent a lot of time camping. An even better blessing will be passing it along. I want to take a trip back to Canada when my young children can enjoy it.
Do the trip, you will never forget it.
I was born in Canada (1958) and my mother moved to the U.S. back in 1972. I still visit family on a regular basis.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We are hitting the Maritimes in late July. From here we are going to Bar Harbor and Acadia and then up to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI. As a side note, if you are a good sized rig or you need 50 amp service, then you should book early. We noticed that not every campground can take a 40' rig and not everyone has 50 amp service. Granted the 50 amp may not be needed for the A/C, but you won't find it everywhere in that part of Canada.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #10

This trip we did 3 times as a kid with the ol LTD stationwagon the Jayco popup. It is on my list to take my kids there soon. The Coast of Maine is awesome as well as the Maritimes.

Funny how everyone but service sector takes the time off in Quebec....

We stayed in Canadian National Parks in Fundy NP and the one on PEI...I remember Wolf Creek in Fundy quite well...I remember PEI, but the name of the campground....enjoy the trip....

08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote