Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Camper Less Camping

Amicalola State Park-GA

Thinking about booking Thanksgiving week here...anybody been there (especially in November), thoughts...recommendations?

Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #2

If I recall the CG is at the top of a very steep and twisty hill. I think there is a restriction on length. It was a tuff climb and almost overheated. The curves are sharp and thus you can only go about 5 maybe up to 10 mph so my engine rpm was low even in first gear. The lodge has excellent meals available. Maybe someone else can confirm I have the right place. I would check for a length restriction. Some one at the lodge may be able answer that for you.
3.73 Electronic Lock
Max Trailer Tow Package, 600# Equlizer 4
w9ila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #3

I should have added to the above post at that time I had a PUP with a 12' box just plain and simple. Like no furnace, refrig, or A/C etc. Bare bones in other words.
3.73 Electronic Lock
Max Trailer Tow Package, 600# Equlizer 4
w9ila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #4

I have been there and it is a very beautiful park, but never RV camped there. We rented a cabin last summer and had a great time. I looked online and there is a 50' length restriction, but the others are right it is a winding twisty and steep road to the campground.
tclcyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Thanks for the info...we booked a site for Thanksgiving week, looking forward to it, seems like a great area & restaurant for Turkey Day!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #6

The Appalacian Trial head begins at the lodge (official trail at top of mountain) with the end at Mt Katahdin, Maine. The DW has said I can start the trail for a thru hike and she can meet me at the crossroads with the RV

How about Stone Mountain campground? I am considering it for a Tgiving trip in the future...
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
The Appalacian Trial head begins at the lodge (official trail at top of mountain) with the end at Mt Katahdin, Maine. The DW has said I can start the trail for a thru hike and she can meet me at the crossroads with the RV

How about Stone Mountain campground? I am considering it for a Tgiving trip in the future...
We just booked Stone mountain this evening
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post

Nice park, in the campground there are nice sites right at the pool/activity area or up on the hill in a back in site with a view of the Mt across the lake.
Crossroads theme park area is small but very well put together & maintained & kids love it. Also, miles of bike riding if you can handle up & down the hills.
Great vertical hike on one side of the mt...at the top, great views of Atlanta & beyond.

We camped Spring Break 2012... will be back for New Years 2014...take part in their "Snow Mountain" activities that time of the year.