Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #1

Any recommendations for Pigeon Forge Camground?

My father-in-law is in the initial stages of planning a road trip from MI to TN pulling his 35' fifthwheel and would like to camp in the Pigeon Forge area.

I offered to help him (enviously) find a nice campground for his three to four week stay in February 2011. (Note: Except for the heartiest of souls Michigan camping season is pretty much done until late March)

Sure there is info easily found using an internet search which I will do, though I though I would check in with my fellow Forest River RV owners to see what those of you had to say.

Thank you in advance for responding.
TwinLakeCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

We stayed at River Edge back in the spring. Riveredge RV Park - Pigeon Forge camground and cabin rentals

Even though a river site sounds good, don't do it. Right on the other side of the river (creek ?) is the highway.

We stayed around site 83, and it backed against a hill with cabins on top.....not the best sites. In my opinion, the D and E sites were the best.....on a hill, away from the highway, and not many campers there.

This is a good stay for a destination campground. Great, clean, well maintained bathrooms and showers. Convenient to both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. There is a shuttle stop nearby, but that particular shuttle stop has limited runs.....you can't get to Gatlinburg from that line.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #3

We are there now. we found the best campsite ever. Stay at ( up the creek ) large campsites off wears valley road. Between 2 creeks about 2 miles from town. Good luck. they have a web site upthecreekrvcamp.com
tommyowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #4

I just checked the campground online and it looks awesome. Thanks for the lead. Only downfall I see is it doesnt appear they are open for business the month of February when my father-in-law wants to camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyowen View Post
We are there now. we found the best campsite ever. Stay at ( up the creek ) large campsites off wears valley road. Between 2 creeks about 2 miles from town. Good luck. they have a web site upthecreekrvcamp.com
Old 11-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the info as well as campsite location recommendations. And they are open year round as well.

I am envious of all of you who are still camping. My travel trailer is winterized and parked until next spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
We stayed at River Edge back in the spring. Riveredge RV Park - Pigeon Forge camground and cabin rentals

Even though a river site sounds good, don't do it. Right on the other side of the river (creek ?) is the highway.

We stayed around site 83, and it backed against a hill with cabins on top.....not the best sites. In my opinion, the D and E sites were the best.....on a hill, away from the highway, and not many campers there.

This is a good stay for a destination campground. Great, clean, well maintained bathrooms and showers. Convenient to both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. There is a shuttle stop nearby, but that particular shuttle stop has limited runs.....you can't get to Gatlinburg from that line.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinLakeCamper View Post
I am envious of all of you who are still camping. My travel trailer is winterized and parked until next spring.
I just winterized mine, also. But I do try to take for a spin every month or so......I heard that is good for the tires.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #7

Pine Mountain RV PARK IS newer and very nice. We will be there for Christmas.
okdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #8

The place looks nice. My father-in-law is looking for a place open the month of February, looks like Pine Mountain RV park is closed then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdrifter View Post
Pine Mountain RV PARK IS newer and very nice. We will be there for Christmas.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #9

We are local to the area and like River Plantation. A little older, but bigger sites. It is technically in Sevierville. In Pigeon Forge in two minutes of 4 lane travel. The CG is also a Good Sams. They have some really nice river sites.
jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #10

Up the creek looks good. I went to Pigeon Forge last year and stayed at river edge and hated it. Right on top of each other, tight roads, crowded, Just a bad time. The Pigeon Forge area was like an amusement park. I was looking for quiet relaxed camping. Oh well now I know each to his own. The fact that it rained every day didn't help.
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #11

We stayed in Eagles nest, a passport america discount campground and would go back there again.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #12

Thanks to everyone for the personal experience info and suggestions. We are going to take a road trip down to the area first and tour the campgrounds (along with bring a printed copy of all your provided info) before he choses a location.

Thanks again and bring on the 2011 camping season!