Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #11
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
We are here! We are staying our first three nights at Ronks (or Paradise) in Mill Bridge Village Campground. It is okay, but I've stayed in better. We will be spending from Tuesday night through the weekend at Drummer Boy Campground in Gettysburg. Love it here, but dreading the 16 hour drive home.

It's a gorgeous area. We really like it at Mill Bridge, a simple place. Sure everyone has seen better places. We like it because it's usually quiet. No golf carts, no loud radios (especially at night), kids and teens not constantly cutting through site, they don't hesitate to enforce the quiet hours.

Days Camped 2011 - 52
Days Camped 2012 - 93
GrowingGoatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
I would highly recommend Country Acres near Paradise. It's centrally located near most or all of the above mentioned destinations. It's managed by Bird in Hand resorts which gives you access to indoor pool and jacuzzi at Bird in Hand motel down the road. They have their own pool there but we spent a cold rainy weekend there once and it was nice to be able to still take the kids swimming without freezing. Best part I liked was that there are no seasonal sites and if memory serves there is a 2 week per year limit on stays. I even think they had a AAA discount too.

Droidrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
I didn't mean to sound like Mill Bridge Village isn't a nice campground. It is really quiet and peaceful. The sites are a bit tight is the only reason I wouldn't rate it one of the top places I've stayed. But, it is in a perfect location for seeing the Amish country. Everything we wanted to see here is within a 15 minute drive of the campground. Actually, we've looked at some of the other campgrounds in the area while we've been here and I say this is one of the best, if not the best, here. My wife and I took about a 3 mile walk this afternoon and saw some of the most beautiful Amish farms up close and personal. You really can't beat the location. We are leaving tomorrow to go over to Gettysburg for a few days. Staying at the Drummer Boy there. I've read mixed reviews on it, but it looks like it will work for us. We won't be at the camper that much anyway. We plan to spend at least one day in DC while we're this close.
Mike in Tennessee
Former 2 time FR owner
2007 Crossroads Cruiser 30QB Fifth Wheel
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
We stayed at the Old Mill Stream Campground and my wife became ill. After visiting a medical clinic they recomended the doctor said we needed to go home now. It was around 3:00pm and we checked out and had prepaid for 4 days. Without any problems at all they refunded our money including that day after we had already stayed pass check out time and we didn't expected that at all. I just can't tell you how helpful they were to us. The next time we are in that area we will be staying there! Besides the campground was very nice. They allowed a baker with a horse and buggy to come around in the afternoon with fresh pastries and bread for sale. Yum Yum.

By the way, we drove most of the night and recieved medical treatment in Little Rock the next day and the wife is fine.
Phillip Brown
pbrown71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
Cardinal 04 31LE
I found Country Acres and Spring Gulch to be our preferred campgrounds in the Lancaster PA area. We did not care for the Mill Bridge Campground at all... I won't get into the details on this forum but you can private message me. There are others in the area but I have not stayed at them. Google Country Acres or Spring Gulch for more information.

Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote