Old 08-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #1

Baltimore to Boston Area

The wife and I are planning a trip to Stowe, MA in October. We figured on doing an overnight at a local Walmart about midway. This should put us in NJ, near Paramus.

Can anyone recommend a good Walmart to stay at in the lot? There appear to be 5 or 6 in the nearby area.

Any of them in a better area then others?

Tx

2015 Nights Camped 18
2015 Palomino Solaire 201SS
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #2

Not sure about the walmarts, sorry...but wanted to offer a suggestion... we are members of a group called Harvest Hosts. On our recent trip from Annapolis to Richmond ME, we stayed at a Winery in Ct instead of a WalMart, which we had thought about. It is definetly a different option for your planning! Members of the group that host include Wineries, Farms, Micro-Brews. Requirements vary for the stay, but, again, just something different to consider. If you want more info, feel free to message. We have had nothing but good stays so far, and friends of ours who got us in the group have had nothing but good as well.

Safe travels!

Deciding if the full time lifestyle is for us...
Mobilemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:10 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion. the DW certainly would like the winery vs a Walmart. Me, not so much but if she is happy.....
2015 Nights Camped 18
Old 09-19-2016, 08:40 PM   #4

Mobile mikey, chk out that site, can you go in the evening, and buy something in the morning. With an understanding you call first
Old 09-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #5

Each site is independent. Call in advance. Many will let you stay for nothing; being a good guest is up to you. Most require checking in, which must be done during their business hours. In the end, you are a guest in their space, be kind, tread light and enjoy the privilege.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:05 AM   #6

Sounds like a great option. Being polite is a no brainier. As we well as purchasing something you can use . Again thanks for info, will definitely give it a try.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilemikey View Post
Not sure about the walmarts, sorry...but wanted to offer a suggestion... we are members of a group called Harvest Hosts. On our recent trip from Annapolis to Richmond ME, we stayed at a Winery in Ct instead of a WalMart, which we had thought about. It is definetly a different option for your planning! Members of the group that host include Wineries, Farms, Micro-Brews. Requirements vary for the stay, but, again, just something different to consider. If you want more info, feel free to message. We have had nothing but good stays so far, and friends of ours who got us in the group have had nothing but good as well.

Safe travels!

Like this idea and will be looking into before we head south this year. Thank you for putting this out here on the forum and sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilemikey View Post

Safe travels!
LOVE this idea! My husband and I have been to every single winery in CT, RI, and Mass and Many in NH and VT. We have covered a lot at the finger lakes as well. We are definitely wine connoisseurs so this is awesome! Every single Sunday we visit a winery - bring some lunch, deck of cards, and buy a few bottle of wine. I would love more information and will be looking into this.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #9

Thanks for all of the replies. I think we are going to split the trip about half way and stay at a campground in NJ called Pine Cone resort and Campground in Freehold, NJ. It got decent reviews so we booked that as our midway point going up and back from MA.

Anyone heard of that one?

2015 Nights Camped 18