Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Jjsav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hudson Valley Region of NY
Posts: 244
Bar Harbor RV in Maryland

I am planning a trip to VA this summer and was going to stop off in Maryland, for a few days, on the way down. I Found this campground that looks kinda neat for a stop over.

Curious if anyone has ever stayed there and what thier experience has been.

Any feed back would be great. Thanks


Bar Harbor RV Resort - Travel Information
__________________

__________________
2013 Rockwood 8281SS 5W, Reese Revolution
2016 GMC 2500 Denali HD 6.6 Diesel
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max (sold)
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,320
They have gotten mixed reviews, a little farther north near North East Md. is Elk Neck state park a very nice place and they have one loop with full hook ups if that's what you need. Here is the reviews from RV Parks Review
Abingdon (Maryland ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews
__________________

__________________
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjsav View Post
I am planning a trip to VA this summer and was going to stop off in Maryland, for a few days, on the way down. I Found this campground that looks kinda neat for a stop over.

Curious if anyone has ever stayed there and what thier experience has been.

Any feed back would be great. Thanks


Bar Harbor RV Resort - Travel Information
Yes have stayed at both. Bar Harbor closer to Balto. Both have

ave narrow approach roads and interior roads as well as twisty. Both nice scenery. Twice staying at Bar, the Chesapeake crossed its banks.
__________________
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western New York State
Posts: 902
Jjsav, Bar Harbor RV Resort may be nice, but it is a corporate park and you will pay! They have an older sister park Mt. Desert Narrows that is a bit run down. If I was planning another trip to Bar Harbor again, I would go to Bar Harbor Campground. It is about 4 mile out from the town of Bar Harbor (touristy shops, restaurants and pubs) or just a couple of miles from Acadia National Park. Family run business that last I was aware did not take reservations, however they do have 300 sites! Look them up on RVParkReviews.Com. Hope this helps.
__________________
sherman12
2011 Georgetown 330TS
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Jjsav, Bar Harbor RV Resort may be nice, but it is a corporate park and you will pay! They have an older sister park Mt. Desert Narrows that is a bit run down. If I was planning another trip to Bar Harbor again, I would go to Bar Harbor Campground. It is about 4 mile out from the town of Bar Harbor (touristy shops, restaurants and pubs) or just a couple of miles from Acadia National Park. Family run business that last I was aware did not take reservations, however they do have 300 sites! Look them up on RVParkReviews.Com. Hope this helps.
I think you're confusing this location with Maine. The original poster is talking about a campground just north of Baltimore, MD.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
realebill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: baltimore,md
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Jjsav, Bar Harbor RV Resort may be nice, but it is a corporate park and you will pay! They have an older sister park Mt. Desert Narrows that is a bit run down. If I was planning another trip to Bar Harbor again, I would go to Bar Harbor Campground. It is about 4 mile out from the town of Bar Harbor (touristy shops, restaurants and pubs) or just a couple of miles from Acadia National Park. Family run business that last I was aware did not take reservations, however they do have 300 sites! Look them up on RVParkReviews.Com. Hope this helps.
wrong Bar Harbor. he is referring to the one in Maryland.
__________________
2008 rockwood signature ultra lite 8315SS[SIGPIC]
realebill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rattleNsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Connecticut
Posts: 1,571
It's not Bar Harbor..............It's Bah Haabaah....
__________________
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western New York State
Posts: 902
ependydad, you are exactly right! That should teach me to wear my glasses when looking at the forum. Oh well, perhaps Jjsav would like to go to Maine and Acadia Nat'l. Park some day too! LOL.....
__________________
sherman12
2011 Georgetown 330TS
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #9
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
ependydad, you are exactly right! That should teach me to wear my glasses when looking at the forum. Oh well, perhaps Jjsav would like to go to Maine and Acadia Nat'l. Park some day too! LOL.....

I know I want to!
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
Member
 
Jack Durney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Jersey/KIllington Vt
Posts: 59
We are at Bar Harbor now only a few campers here now we are right on the water its $60.00 a night they have a pool but we have friends that live in North East so we are visiting them but a nice place the road into the park is tight and winds through a neighbor nood but no problem with our 38 class A

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________

__________________
Jack & Lori & Buddy the "ShitZoo"

2008 Georgetown XL 378 TS
Jack Durney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.