Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #1

Best Route west Tn to panama city

Looking for best route to go to panama city beach from the Jackson Tn Area. Don't know about I65 or go the 45 south route. Really don't like the traffic on I65 but looks like it will be a little further to go the 45 south route through Mississippi. 34 ft tavel trailer, 3/4 ton dodge cummins.

Any suggestions about stopping halfway since leaving after work, looking for best route and things to bypass.
slickwater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:16 AM   #2

Going Hwy. 45 out of Jackson is about the same miles to Panama City as going I-65 route and only 40 minutes longer. If you do go I-65 there will be a few miles through Birmingham that is very rough, put both hands on the wheel and hold on for about 12 to 14 miles which may be a good reason to go Hwy. 45.

If you do go I-65 a decent stop over south of Birmingham is called Birmingham South RV park in Pelham, cost about $40.00 a night, just a mile off I-65. Would be about 240 miles from Jackson.

If you were to go from Corinth on Hwy. 72 and get on I-65 at Cullman, AL there is a good stop over campground called Cullman Campground about 3 miles west of Cullman and only $25.00 per night FHU. This would be about 170 miles from Jackson.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote