Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #1

Boston to Florida

I am planning to travel to Florida from Boston in mid January. Anyone know of a way to avoid going through the major cities (New York, Washington DC, Baltimore, etc.)? Like to stay on major highways and trying to stay away from mountains if possible. I am pulling a R-Pod 178 with a Honda Pilot.
Thank you
Ken
diagdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagdad View Post
I am planning to travel to Florida from Boston in mid January. Anyone know of a way to avoid going through the major cities (New York, Washington DC, Baltimore, etc.)? Like to stay on major highways and trying to stay away from mountains if possible. I am pulling a R-Pod 178 with a Honda Pilot.
Thank you
Ken
Hey Ken- going to keep an eye on this thread.. we are also heading from the NE down south around the same time. not sure if any real easy way to avoid these cities other than trying to roll thru at night, midday, or a weekend. Other option is to head West for a bit and then due south. Problem is you will hit some hills/mountains. We plan to be flexible with our schedule and pull over and dry camp when needed in a rest stop/walmart etc. Gotta get to NC as soon as possible and we are willing to stop during the day and drive at night to avoid the traffic

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #3

95 to 26 to 77 to 81 then into ny head east in 88 and grab 90 straight into Boston. Best way to avoid major cities but you won't avoid mountains
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #4

Agree just reverse the above. The other option is I 81 to 66 than 17 brings out above Richmond Va.
hotice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotice View Post
Agree just reverse the above. The other option is I 81 to 66 than 17 brings out above Richmond Va.
This would be the best 90 to Albany 88 to 81 to winchester and pickup 66 to 17 to 95 you don't have to cross the mountains and it is all 4 lane good roads. Just watch the weather no matter which way you go.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote