Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
one day at a time

Bristol Motor Speedway

Looking for any suggestions/warnings on places to camp at the track?
Idle_Idylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Believer View Post
Looking for any suggestions/warnings on places to camp at the track?
We were there for the August race last summer. We stayed about an hour and a half away just outside of Pigeon Forge. Up The Creek is a wonderful campground with creeks on both sides and really nice and quiet. Full hook ups and only 5 minutes from the strip in Pigeon Forge.

For us it was the best of both worlds. Close to everything, yet a vacation in the mountains with large sites for private time. We also met quite a few very friendly people there.

Oh yeah, Fred the dog loved standing in the creek and drinking the cool fresh water coming down the mountain. Funny how he knew to drink from the upstream side.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #3

Fritz, that's good info. Planning on a trip to Atlanta this September and I've heard alot about Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg TN. DW and I are trying to decide between Nashville, taking us about 200 miles more west, or heading down through PA, WV etc. to from Buffalo, NY to hit PF and Gatlinburg seeing we visited Nashville two years ago. Mountains and streams has whetted my thoughts.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #4

We are staying at the night race in august at 'start your engines' campground. It was $$ since we opted for full hookups. A few years ago we tent camped at bill gains campground. It was nice but almost too far to walk comfortably. We have a spot outside turn four in Charlotte for the coke 600 too but its dry camping.

Sent from my A500 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
boatman

We've been staying at OTBR campground at Bristol for several years quite, and easily with in walking distance of the track very nice people as well Gail and Dennis are terrific. 186 Old Thomas Bridge road Bluff city, TN 37618 (423) 538-5562
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #6

There is a camp ground just past track, Shaderack's Camping, they have over 100 spots. I live 32 miles from track in Elizabethton, it is all 4 lane road to track and we have several camp grounds here that always have openings during race week. I will get the names and numbers if anyone interested.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #7

We stayed a Bristol Raceway Camping for the August 2013 race !! Mixed reviews on this one !! First off it was a field that needed mowed get there early because only part of the field is level , they packed us in like sardines so close that I couldn't open are awning the whole way had to roll it up like 4 feet and the guy next to us had a slide out that came out like 3 feet making it even tighter , water and electric but no sewer hook up but do have a pump truck that comes around , They claim the just upgraded there electrical service but if I ran the A/C, refer and hot water heater it would kick there breaker on a 30 amp service he told me it was my rig that was the problem but I never had that problem before and still dont ! It was about a 20 min walk to track and it was a little costly ! Now we stayed at Shadrack Camping the following weekend due to a truck problem had to leave truck and camper at local dealership and come back to get the following weekend !! It was nice full hookup and level and lots of room but it wasn't a race weekend !!