Old 11-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #1

Buford Ga

Can someone suggest a place to stay near Buford ga for a few nights in mid February?

Old 11-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhandler View Post
Can someone suggest a place to stay near Buford ga for a few nights in mid February?
will this help?
RV Parks and Campgrounds near Buford, Georgia (GA): 90 Listed

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for a personal recommendation for a place.....anyone?
Old 11-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #4

We stayed at Lake Lanier but it was during the summer months. Great spot but unsure if it's open during the winter.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #5

Thought I would ask again. Thanks for your help
Old 12-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhandler View Post
BombDoc lives in Buford, GA, contact him. He and his wife April are a very nice couple. Met the Fri and had lunch with them. Super nice!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #7

We are staying at Shoal Creek right now, they are open all year. You need to call them to determine which site works for your RV. They don't have sewer hookup but do have a dump station.

They are a little pricey for off season but we stay there because we are only 10 miles from our son's home.

There is a small herd of deer running around the area especially near site 56 and across the road from sites 1-9.

Bonnie
Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #8

There is a new state park that opened near there this past summer called Don Carter State Park. I have not been there but it looks really nice.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #9

I would not recommend Don Carter. I live in Gainesville and we were so excited to have a state park that would be open year round for camping right here in our own back yard. However, after touring the campground, I could have cried I was so dissapointed. Horrible sites, not level, no trees, hardly any space between the sites and not one site that is lake front. Looks like a really bad parking lot. Unfortunately for mid February you do not have a lot of choice around here. The corp parks are great but do not open until April. If you do not mind a little bit of a drive (30 mins or less) Fort Yargo state Park in Winder, GA is absolutely gorgeous. Great sites with lots of trees and room. Feel free to message me with any questions.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashamo View Post
I would not recommend Don Carter. I live in Gainesville and we were so excited to have a state park that would be open year round for camping right here in our own back yard. However, after touring the campground, I could have cried I was so dissapointed. Horrible sites, not level, no trees, hardly any space between the sites and not one site that is lake front. Looks like a really bad parking lot. Unfortunately for mid February you do not have a lot of choice around here. The corp parks are great but do not open until April. If you do not mind a little bit of a drive (30 mins or less) Fort Yargo state Park in Winder, GA is absolutely gorgeous. Great sites with lots of trees and room. Feel free to message me with any questions.
I could not agree more. I live outside of Athens, and we too were excited about the opening of Don Carter. As soon as it opened, we took a ride up to check out the campground. A big disappointment. Whoever designed it, well .......