Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
camping

Cadillac Michigan Campgrounds

going to Leroy, Michigan and need some suggestions on a place to stay. after that we want to go to Sleeping Bear Dunes area and need suggestions for there also. thanks

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #2

Traverse City has a state park campground - right across from the Grand Traverse Bay - nice looking, too.

Depending on the type of camping that you are looking for, there are LOTS of state and national forest campgrounds in that area - with no hookups, no electric. They are everywhere!!

Have fun!

http://www.thebadliz.blogspot.com
ethomps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #3

Sleeping Bear Dunes Area:

We have stayed multiple times at Platte River Campground (check U.S. National Park Service - Experience Your America) and have always enjoyed our stay there. It's close to Platte River and you can go tubing all the way to the lake. It's getting late in the summer and a bit cool to go tubing though. Another option is DH Day campground.

Stayed one time at Betsie River Campground (private) and it's nothing to write about. We prefer Platte River campground.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #4

I have stayed up in the Leelanau County area since 1987, 1st at a friends cottage in Omena, then many years at Leelanau RV Park (Lake Leelanau), then also Sleepy Bear (now called Indigo Bluffs RV rental park). Don't bother with Lake Leelanau RV park - (didn't like management - were not dog friendly). Empire/Glen Lake area is currently the best area now in the county. Northport is kind of a ghost town now. Suttons is the - tourist/condo area. Glen Lake/Empire the artsy area. Sleepy Bear campground just developed a "luxury" RV area - very exclusive..., but still has very nice camping for others (have been there many years in our pop up before we bought our hybrid. Also, make sure you go to Cherry Republic (Glen Arbor), and eat at Art's in Glen Arbor and at the Happy Hour (best broasted chicken ever) (on M-22) both are top gathering spots for locals and summer residents and have excellent food. PM me if you need more info on the area, like I said, I have been up there many summers.
http://www.indigobluffsrallypark.com/index.htm
http://artsglenarbor.com/
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rl...42713094935945
Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
camping

thanks for all the info- will get looking into the links in the morning, (just got home) I will pm if any questions. we are looking to get a spot with electric

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #6

You can boondock it at long lake state forest just a couple of miles north of town on 31. Very quit and secluded we've stayed there for years to mushroom hunt. Don't forget to go to Boon and get some of the best cheese in the state!