Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #21

BooBoo23 gives good advice. I've lived here almost 45 years and only travel I-285 between 9 am and 3 pm. LEOs rarely enforce speed limits on it and local drivers like to draft, NASCAR style. The traffic ballet also includes the "Atlanta Swoop", which involves a dramatic change from the far left lane over to the right hand exit lane at the last possible second and at a high rate of speed. Extra points are given for just kissing the gravel shoulder. You're usually okay if you keep your speed down, let 'em pass, and stay alert. When towing, I like to tuck in behind one of the semi's who seem to be driving sanely, but always allowing room for sudden pull-ins. Cheers!

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #22

Atlanta Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
We only spend single nights there when driving in and out of FL, but we've found the Atlanta South a RV Resort to be friendly, quiet and very clean. Nothing fancy,but full hookup's and pull throughs. They're at Exit 222 of I-75 in McDonough.
Easy on easy off to I75...has nice pool..many restaurants at exit just south of 222
dkrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeyr View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback. I hadn't thought of the COE parks but we do like to stay at them. We will be there for a week coming into Atlanta from the Andersonville Prison and departing to the North for Chattanooga. We are interested in the Civil War museums and sites in the area.
Make sure you visit the Atlanta History museum, Kennesaw mountain park,
Great place for civil war history--- If you can rent or buy the movie Anderson ville it will make the prison site come alive !
ksmith954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:13 AM   #24
Jim

Cloudland Canyon State Park is very nice. Just south of Chickamauga National Military Park is just a short drive and most interesting. (Civil War battlefield 1863). Also COE has several campgrounds on Lake Allatoona just northwest of Atlanta on I-75. It is close to Marietta (Kennessaw Battlefield area).
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #25

Stayed at Twin Lakes last September for a week. Very clean and well maintained. No cable TV but over the air I picked up 60 channels! I think they somehow re-broadcast a cable channels over the air. The nicer sites away from the lake have full hook ups and the whole park itself is very peaceful. One odd thing though is I don't believe there is any public restrooms/shower house.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #26

We stayed in Ga mountain fairgrounds 18 months ago - told them we were relatively new to camping so please put us in a good spot .....they had us in an uneven spot (needing at least 16 inches of blocks to get level & 100 feet of either electric or water because of the distance between the hookups) when we got there .... told them hell no so they put us in a spot people typically can't back in to due to the slope on top of the mountain. Close to divorce on that back up for sure but once we were in the place was great. Would only go back if I got to choose my site & then would be on the lake ....
Loved the location in order to hit all those small towns around there for a week ....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #27

Passport America is accepted at our home resort: Dahlonega, GA.
RRanch.com
Private 800 acre working ranch with 100+ RV sites. Scenery to die for. You will think you are in heaven. Gated, security, 2 immaculate bath houses and 2 laundry facilities.
Limited availability and stays are restricted on number of days. No access to those passing through who are not Passport or I believe, Coast to Coast. It is an Ownership resort.
Huge glass lodge for weddings.
We bought in 9 years ago!! Huge Olympic salt water pool. Golf carts ok. You would need your proof of cart liability insurance. ( check with the office)
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #28

okay, I stopped and went through Atlanta South RV park last weekend - actually Memorial Day. I do not recommend it. It is very crowded, very small sites, and many of the sites are not any where close to level. It could do for a night I suppose if you are just really tired but other than that - NOT for me. I had gone in there some 5 or 6 years ago and it was very different - even had some large long term sites at the back. that part has now been turned into storage or RVs and other things.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #29

We love Bolding Mill ACofE on Lake Sidney Lanier!!
rottnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #30

Don't stay at KOA in Greensboro Ga the word sites have ever seen nothing level small on top of each other terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-31-2015, 06:51 PM   #31

We stayed at the Atlanta Marietta RV Resort during the Christmas Holiday. It was a pretty nice park, but it was PACKED. It was easy to get to off 285. 1031 Wylie Rd. SE
Marietta, GA 3006

Tags
mpg