Old 02-24-2015, 04:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSgt (Ret) Charlie Brown View Post
Storms??????

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yep, Thunderstorms coming across Lake Ontario are something to see! Especially near dusk with the combination of storm clouds, lightning and last light of day still breaking through! Can kick up some winds that get the Lake churning too!

Regarding free-styling without reservations in June - I'd highly not recommend it if you want to be within 1-hour of the falls. Very much a very popular destination for families and foreigners alike in the summer months!

Old 02-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaslorr View Post
Aw come on over to the Canadian side, Jellystone Park is great and the view is much better of the Falls on our side.
We are looking at both sides, thanks for the info. any pics to share? I don't mind paying a premium to camp in a beautiful campground. I bought a HTT to enjoy the amenities of everything in it, so I'm not really interested in anything less than full hook ups just yet.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
We are looking at both sides, thanks for the info. any pics to share? I don't mind paying a premium to camp in a beautiful campground. I bought a HTT to enjoy the amenities of everything in it, so I'm not really interested in anything less than full hook ups just yet.
With your HTT, you would enjoy Riverside Park Motel and Campground on the Canadian side. It's an older, privately owned campground in a fantastic location. The owners are great folks too! This CG is not for large campers! Sites were established long ago and they haven't felt the need to update for today's enormous multi-slide 5ers and coaches yet. However, you'll find it quite comfortable with your HTT. Owners run a tight ship, and they sell dried firewood (leftovers from sawing the bark off from a local saw mill) by the wheelbarrow full. Every 5 years a my camping group rallies here for a week.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #24
CMSgt. (Ret) Charlie Brown

We are looking at 4 Mile Creek. Any sites we need to stay away from with 36 & 38 foot fifth wheels?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #25

Quote:
We are looking at 4 Mile Creek. Any sites we need to stay away from with 36 & 38 foot fifth wheels?

The reservation system very accurately allows you the filter by length of the site, and you'll want to be in the 50-footers. More importantly, you want to be lake front! Stay a few sites removed from the picnic area, and avoid my once favorite site 79. They put the darn yurts there and killed the best view for the campsite to give it to the yurts!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #26

I am sitting here looking at map and it looks as if all lake side sites are gone.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #27

Well, the ones with power. Any issues with generators in state park?

Old 02-26-2015, 10:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Well, the ones with power. Any issues with generators in state park?

That's too bad, but not surprising. Generator use is limited in all NYS parks and always at their discretion. If they deem too loud, or anyone makes complaint they will not allow use. Otherwise, you are restricted to 5 hours use a day - at least I believe it is still 5.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #29

Ok, I just booked today Four Mile Creek State Park for the third weekend in June There is a great Blues Festival in Wilson, NY, about 8 miles away 6/21 and 6/22 if you enjoy that type of thing. Best sites available are 229 and 231 for that weekend, I took 227, viewing across campsites looking at Lake Ontario. Any site in the 200 loop is very good or excellent! though. When you go to ReserveAmerica the sites to the right 3-13 near the entrance are pretty good too with 13 and 11 being the best in this group, though they get traffic in and out of the park. I would avoid the U sites 122 around to 65 like being on an infield. The sites across from 65 to 39 etc. aren't to bad as they back up to trees. For that 38' fiver, careful on sites 210-214, they are beautiful and huge but you have to go down a little hill, or uphill when leaving. Seen a 34' class A get stuck because it rained the day before and he couldn't make it up the hill. About 8 miles away (opposite way of Wilson, west) is the town of Lewiston. Great main street with shops, grocery store, brew pub, several very good restaurants and it ends at the Niagara River with another great restaurant and pub over looking the river. BTY, Lewiston has a huge Jazz Festival with national acts at the end of August. I'll being staying at Four Mile again for that music fest!
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:49 PM   #30

Don't go into sites 1 to 14, they never get any sun and they are mostly dirt, if it rains, it's a mess. The 200 loop is very good. If you need 50 amp its the late 40's thru the 50's where the huge playground is right behind you. Last year we camped there because of the Grandchildren - but I don't think every again. I guess we're old and we remember the good old days when children were taught camping manners. All the kids across the street from you walk right thru your site to go to the playground, yes its more convenient, but they are kids, they can walk around on the road the long way - THE WAY WE TAUGHT OUR KIDS!! But that is our favorite park in the whole world, that's because its 25 minutes from our house, if the grandkids need to go home for sports, it's doeable!!

nikita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg