Old 02-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
With your HTT, you would enjoy Riverside Park Motel and Campground on the Canadian side. It's an older, privately owned campground in a fantastic location. The owners are great folks too! This CG is not for large campers! Sites were established long ago and they haven't felt the need to update for today's enormous multi-slide 5ers and coaches yet. However, you'll find it quite comfortable with your HTT. Owners run a tight ship, and they sell dried firewood (leftovers from sawing the bark off from a local saw mill) by the wheelbarrow full. Every 5 years a my camping group rallies here for a week.
Thanks for the info Geotex1. The quoted poster in your reply and I have hybrids but they are multi slides with slides on passenger and drivers side. With what you're saying kinda rule us out?

Old 02-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
Thanks for the info Geotex1. The quoted poster in your reply and I have hybrids but they are multi slides with slides on passenger and drivers side. With what you're saying kinda rule us out?
You'll be OK with careful choice of site because your kitchen slide is not a full depth side and you're not really long. Full hookup sites 13-17 (I think it's to 17) will fit your for sure as all the tree were removed when they did the full hookup. Downside on those is there's no shade. Site 33 is actually one site that will accommodate a coach even, and Site 37 next largest to that. Site 36 would probably fit you too and has shade (one of two of our usual sites).

Old 03-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #33

We stayed at Branches in 2013 and my wife is still comparing every place we pull in to it. Clean, quiet, good activities for kids.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:34 PM   #34

Anyone have any info on Campark Resort?

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
Anyone have any info on Campark Resort?
If you are still inclined as stated in posts #5 & 7, Campark would not please you. Roads are narrow and terrible too! I mention that because the potholes are big and plentiful and rough on the TT and TV and you can't skirt them. Been this way for years too. Gave it 3x over the years and it's completely off our list.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #36

thanks for that info, geotex. It's looking like branches might be the one....maybe. I hate making reservations at new/unknown places!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 03-10-2015, 11:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
thanks for that info, geotex. It's looking like branches might be the one....maybe. I hate making reservations at new/unknown places!
That's what the forums are for to build comfort, reduce risk, and provide support! :thumbup:

Guaranteed, at least one member has been to any campground you can find! I do try to keep some to myself in my secret stash so everyone doesn't overwhelm all of my spots though!
Old 03-11-2015, 02:25 AM   #38

Awww, come on Geo..give up some info on your fav's. I booked 4 mile Creek. I liked the waterfront option, and I actually got some pretty good days. We're going from CT to Lake George, to Niagra Falls. Any good CG's in Lake George you wanna share? I'm looking at Adirondak camping village now. I'll see if any posts come up on a search.

Feeling good I finally made a decision. Hoping I won't regret not having water on the site, and wondering how you use water without hook ups...God, we're so new to the TT world!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 03-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #39

sew/mom, I've stayed at King Phillips CG twice in Lake George, most recent last July. Closet full service CG to the main town of Lake George. Good Sam park too so you would save 10%. Sites are mostly gravel but level. Very friendly staff and it is well cared for. Smallish pool but very tidy around it. Reasonable pricing. KP gets closer to LG and away from the intersection with Rt. 9 near the outlet mall where it can take you over an hour to go a mile!

You'll love Four Mile, when are you going and what site number did you get?
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #40

July 20-23..Site 224 on the water. Whoot Whoot!! How do we get water if we need it though? It's my only wonder.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

Tags
mpg