Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Was thinking of going this same time. Post up dates when finalized.
We are going to be there. we are stopping there on the way back from Niagara Falls. we will be there July 7, 8, 9, 10. sun-wed. then stopping at Eby`s Pines campground in IN. to check out the RV, MH hall of fame!

Can`t wait!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #22

I sent three replies to your PM. Sorry for the repeats, I was using my Kindle and I'm not used to it. I didn't know if the messages were being sent so I sent them (all a little different) again. Hope they are helpful.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #23

Read the date on that Sandusky Register article about Cedar Point being sold.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
Read the date on that Sandusky Register article about Cedar Point being sold.
the whole article was "tongue in cheek"
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #25

We just got home from a weekend camping at Cedar Point! May 18-20. We had a great time!!

We went into the park only 1 day on Sunday.
OP, definitely use the 1 hour early entry! My kids got a map at the registration building and decided on the rides that were most important to them the night before and then made a list. We got in line at the entrance right about 8:40 a.m....not a huge crowd but a decent amount of people and more and more people got in line after us. They started taking tickets around 8:50 a.m. but we were stopped at a gate. They played the Star Spangled Banner and then opened the gate at 9a.m. There were some who were sprinting to their favorite ride. The kids and I just walked quickly! It was interesting! But line wait times definitely were lighter during that hour than after the 10 am regular open time.

We ate at the camper but did choose to eat lunch in the park! We ate at Midway Market, an all you can eat place that included meal, drink and dessert. It was a bit pricey at $17-18 per adult (can't remember if the cut off age was 10 or 13), $12-13 for kids. 2 and under free. (I can't remember the exact prices) But a little side of fries was like $6 so we thought it was worth it. For May, it got unexpectedly hot during the day so it was nice to sit in the a/c and drink and eat and relax a little.

I had a fanny pack for money, and misc. things and had no trouble but my girls brought small bags (small purse and nylon bag that goes on your back) and it was kind of a pain because for some of the coasters they would not let the girls bring them in line. Some rides had bins where you got on/off the ride, others had lockers you had to put bags in before you got in the line....it was confusing. We do have little ones so we had a stroller and the girls ended up leaving their bags in the bottom of it. I would suggest no bags unless absolutely necessary.

We stayed in a full hook up, pull through site in the Light House section. I thought they were very nice. We had great May weather but the evenings were cool but my 2 youngest boys swam two nights. A nice little splash pad that my 2 year old would have enjoyed but it was too chilly for her.

There are 3 washers and 6 dryers by the pool. I think it was $1.75 for each. There were only 3-4 bathrooms. The bathroom is a sink, toilet, and full size tub (that were "mostly" clean) but the floors had no drains that I could see and they were wet and slippery. We just got our 233s roo and we haven't been to too many campgrounds but I thought the set up was a little odd.

Bathrooms aside, I thought it was very nice and we will definitely go back in the future.
mom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #26

here we come

just booked the last week in june. can not believe how low the price is for a week. we spend more on campground in mass for a week without a park pass. anyone there at this time, come say hello. usually the only camper with mass plates on it see ya oldnewguy
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #27

Getting ready to go in a couple of weeks, Thanks for all the info. If anyone else has some more they would like to share. Let me know...
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max (sold)
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #28

Thumbs up cedar point

family was there last week in june. we travel from cape cod to ohio just for that park. do not pull out the awning as the wind comes up suddenly. eat at the market buffet, best food for the dollar. stay late on the night of the light show, worth the price great show. go early in park when you can, lines will still be long. in june the the fast pass is not worth the money. have a ball, we did and will go again next year
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #29

I have been to cedar point several times but never camped. Each time we went has been in July and it is does get crowded mid day, but we found mornings and at night most lines were very short. Some days we would take a break and go to the pool or waterpark mid day while the lines were longest. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but there is one out on the point that's the best value. Good food, great breakfast buffet and beautiful views of the lake. If you take advantage of the hour early entry take the shuttle to front gate.....most people enter from the resort side so there will be few people in the front of the park.

If you venture out, there is a "drive thru zoo" about 15 minutes away. My kids had a blast feeding the animals while they stuck their heads in thru the windows lol!

Have a great trip, we always have a blast there!
Scottnlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #30

We just got back from 6 days at Cedar Point and had a great time!! 3 days in the park. Camping on site was great, made it very convenient for the park. Campground was very clean and the free shuttle service was a big help.

We also took the Jet Ferry over to Put-In-Bay and Kelly's Islands for the day. Rented golf carts and drove all over the islands, My kids thought that was awesome.

The only draw back was that anytime you had leave it took ten minutes just to get out of the park area. Other than that I would highly recommend going there for a family vacation as long as you like roller coasters!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #31

Forgot all about this thread. We had a great time. we had a nice level cement pull through in the Light House section. Personally I think this campground is nicer than Fort Wilderness, albeit on small scale. 2 issues.... check in was slow and needs to be changed! 10-15 RV`s in the waiting area with a line of the same amount of people at the check in office is unnecessary and the small store is too small and has very little of what is actually needed for RV`ers. other than those 2 somewhat minor inconveniences this is an awesome campground. we were in the park mon.-wed. after the 4th and there were no lines. we ate at the camper most days because it was so close. My neighbors friend was there thurs. and fri. after we left and he said it was packed!!! from what I hear mon-wed. are the days to be in the park. pool and hot tub were nice and we loved watching the ships come and go. and it was nice sitting by the RV having a couple cold ones listening to the coasters and screems from everyone having a great time.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjsav View Post
We just got back from 6 days at Cedar Point and had a great time!! 3 days in the park. Camping on site was great, made it very convenient for the park. Campground was very clean and the free shuttle service was a big help.

We also took the Jet Ferry over to Put-In-Bay and Kelly's Islands for the day. Rented golf carts and drove all over the islands, My kids thought that was awesome.

The only draw back was that anytime you had leave it took ten minutes just to get out of the park area. Other than that I would highly recommend going there for a family vacation as long as you like roller coasters!!!

OMG
We were there the same week
I was looking at your rig every time my wife and I were walking the dogs (Two little Shih tuz maybe you saw us)
I was going to come over and ask about your trailer but every time we went by it looked like no one was there (So how do you like it) I am going to go to the Hershey show and check them out.

Anyway we were at Cedar Park for seven days had passes for three
I have to say it was the most relaxing vacation I have had in awhile
The kids would leave at 9:30 to go into the park and we would not see them again till after lunch time. It was great walking the path along the water.We ate at the camper every meal except one pizza night. One other night my son wanted Nachos so they went to TGIF over at the Hotel and brought them back.
We were parked in the Lighthouse Point small circle backed up to the pool (It was like having a pool in the back yard) Bathrooms and laundry were clean. The place was very clean (They came and cleaned the BBQ grill every morning) I would defiantly go again prob only stay four nights not seven. 9hr drive from home here in NJ
thetiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Great reviews. I've lived in OH all my life and have never been to cedar point. Have talked about it all the time, but never went. This is going to be on my list for next summer. A few days there, maybe hop the ferry to Kelley's island for a couple days, then a loop down through PA, and back to Oh.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiler View Post
OMG
We were there the same week
I was looking at your rig every time my wife and I were walking the dogs (Two little Shih tuz maybe you saw us)
I was going to come over and ask about your trailer but every time we went by it looked like no one was there (So how do you like it) I am going to go to the Hershey show and check them out
That is great. WE love our camper!!! Had a Jayco 29BHS prior to this, this one pulls better. Ours has the two bathrooms, which my wife loves. The boys have their own bedroom, TV and bathroom in the back. That was the selling point for us. The only thing that is a pain is the three sewer points. I was able to convert it down to two. If you dry camp this could be a problem. The galley tank is small, I usually just leave it open.

The only other thing I want to do if I ever go back to that area is put my rig on the ferry and camp a couple of days on the state park on Kelly's Island. Just to say I did it. My wife is not so keen on putting our camper on ferry. I think it would be fun!!!!

Also we broke the trip on the way out and back. Did not want to drive 9 hours straight. Stayed at Yogi-bear in Milton on the was out, went to Knobels and stayed at the KOA in Bellfonte (sp) on the was back. KOA was perfect, right off of RT 80, very nice place....