Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
Camping Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH

I booked a week this summer at Cedar Point, in Sandusky OH, with three days in the park. It looks great!! Kids are excited!!!

Any one been there?

Any tips I need to know about the camprgound/park or information about things to do in the surrounding area.

Want to take the boys fishing on the lake, (charter boat if they have one).

Any info or tips would be great......

2013 Rockwood 8281SS 5W, Reese Revolution
2012 Toyta Tundra Crew Max 5.7 4x4, Timbrens
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
I went there about 10 years ago did not camp there but spent 3 days in the park and enjoyed every minute of it. I love roller coasters my son is now big enough and he loves coasters so we are planning on going there soon he mentions it alot. Your family will love it its a very nice park lines can get long but its worth it when I went they had entertainment in the lines to keep it fun.

2000 F250 Superduty CC LB 7.3 4x4
2013 344QB Wildcat
Nights camped 2014 ( 15)
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Firefighter969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #3
We have been to Cedar Point, and had a blast, that is a trip for us down the road and will look at camping. Let us know what you think after the trip.
2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
You should enjoy CP, and the camp ground looks to be nice. Never camped there, but have seen it from the rides. Lots of things to see in Cleveland while you are there. Greater Cleveland Aquarium, is fairly nice. Museum of natural history is nice. Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and other tourist sites. Check out for some info on things to do. If you are into sports, there is a nice minor league baseball park in Avon OH, and then there is the Indians, and Cavs, but I'm not sure when their season ends. You could also take a ferry over to the islands, and spend the day. There is also Toledo in the opposite direction, but I'm not sure of the attractions there.
2013 XLR 27HFS Toy Hauler
2014 Silverado 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
There is soooo much to do and see,in the area. Marble head light house,for a family pic,(free) east harbor beach and park,jet express to put in bay,down town port Clinton, Way more than you will probly have time for,just in the immediate (15-20mi) of CP I don't know the exact time of you're trip,but if you are planning to fish via a charter,the only one I can recommend is Island Runner charter fishing. Caption Jack is great,and a lot of fun! The walleye ar good fishing in June'ish.
It's hard to get too much of CP! Have fun!
Post script: if you want to charter fish,it would b a good idea to check into it soon,before you go.
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
MI Camperz
Been to Cedar Point many times, but never camped. Live in Michigan, so no need. The park has a lot of amazing rides. People come from all over the world to ride some of the coasters. Lake Erie beach right at the park is wonderful for swimming. Sandy, water gets warm, etc. The water park side of Cedar Point is a blast too!

Take advantage of the 1 hour you get in the park before it opens (granted to anyone staying on one of their properties....hotel or campground). Pick out the coasters or water rides you want to ride beforehand and use that hour to hit one or two. The park can get so crowded once it opens, some of the lines are at least an hour long...some two. That's the down side of Cedar Point.

All in all, excellent fun! Great family destination.
Lynn and Mile
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
MI Camperz

Took this off their website for early entry:

Early Entry rides scheduled to be available in 2013 are: GateKeeper, Ocean Motion, Midway Carousel, Raptor, Millennium Force, Iron Dragon, Maverick and Planet Snoopy.

Mike and Lynn

p.s. The only thing you can bring in the park is water.
To shave a few bucks, I take those little packs you can add to water to make crystal light. I'm sure they have them in other brands too. Food/drinks can be pricey at the park.
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #8
Campground is really nice. Walking distance to soak city water park and to re amusement park. Nice beach area and pool too. Early entry was nice.

Suggest packing light. We didn't spend any time at the camp site. No bikes, grill, awnings, needed.
Kevin, Meg and DDx2
2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2004 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 3.73 4x4
Days Camped 2012 = 42
Days Camped 2013 = 9 planned before April 1st
Local Ohio CGs - Punderson SP and West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
Our family went last summer and had an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!! Then again we love roller coasters and rides. We stayed in the full hookup sites. Be aware if you want a traditional CG, this is NOT it. It is a resort style, no campfires period. If you want to use your rig as a place to sleep and eat it works out perfectly. The hot tub at the end of a long day of riding coasters is worth it.

I'm not sure how much there is to do in the area as we hit the park and then headed back to an Ohio SP for a few days of R & R.
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
Been there at camper village a few time and plan on being there for the Halloweekend coming up in the fall. Rolling buckeye hit all the good stuff to do and how to do it. The campground is very clean and a parking lot away from the lake.
Have fun.

2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L Powerstroke
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote