Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #1

Candler, NC - West of Asheville

Our first trip in our new TT brought us to the mountains of NC to visit with my brother and sister n law. Have had a wonderful time getting to know our new "home away from home". And if the future trips are anything like last night then this is going to be a blast!

A gentleman pulled into the space next to ours yesterday @ 4:30pm and proceeded to set up his TT. We had just returned from a drive up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, so I went over to make sure that he had something to sanitize the water spigot, since I had seen the previous occupant shove his dump hose up around it to rinse out after he had dumped.(guess I need to post that story in the other thread). He was appreciative of the heads up and we struck up a conversation. He had left Arkansas at 3am and driven to Brevard to buy his TT from an individual and had stopped here overnight on his way back home. I left him so that he could get more aquainted with his new TT. Meanwhile my brother and his wife came over for grilled out burgers. We had already offered our new neighbor to join us, but he had declined. After the aroma of the grill had filled the air surrounding us, we again offered for him to join us and the said the smell couldn't be ignored and accepted. We had a wonderful talking and chit chatting that we didn't want the night to end. I told the DW that I could get used to nights like that.

BTW, here a pic from the Parkway drive

2012 Shasta Revere 26RBSS
2006 F250 SD 6.0 CC SWB
RedEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #2

Getting near peak on the Blue Ridge. I'm going for a drive on Saturday. Good time of the year in these parts.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #3

Honestly, there aint no bad time of the year in the NC mountains ;-).... we love camping here even in the winter. It is just my opinion but the fall has been on the muted side this year. I thought it would be rocking with a cooler September to help get the sap moving south, but it just has not popped. I am biased because I live here now and have seen some dandy ones so far. I am discouraging folks from coming but peak time is still a week or so out, so who knows it could change and likely will. Temps this week will be 70 or so as a high lows in the lower 40s in the valleys.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote