Old 02-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #11
Adventure bound in truro . Great. Atlantic oaks. Great! Love them both. Just an fyi, very few places on the cape allow fires, so check first

2006 Roo 23B hybrid

1999 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4.8L with tow package
Rrickim63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #12
Those are two great campgrounds. Haven't really found a bad one on the cape. Sweetwater has a lot of amenities. Its on one of the cape's famous "kettle" ponds. They have a kennel and we had a very old black lab. We didn't want to leave her in the camper so we would use the kennel. The kennel closed at 9:00 and on July 4th we told them we'd be out late to see the fireworks. They said "no problem: and brought her back to our site and put her in the camper for us so we could stay out late. Staying mid-cape is a great idea. Allows for site seeing throughout the cape. Beaches on the bay side require town parking permits before 5:00 pm. The National Seashore (Atlantic coast) offers single day, week long and season permits (also beech passes for 4 wheel drive too). The National Seashore pass allows you to use any of the the National Seashore beaches. Brewster is pretty much the end of campfires. I don't know what your rig is but Adventure Bound is the last campground that take full size rigs before you reach the end of the cape. The rest are popups and tent campgrounds.

2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #13
Stayed at Atlantic Oaks two years back for 10 days... rail trail directly behind CG... centrally located in Orleans. Be sure to stop by Elks Lodge for fish fry while there.
Sites are nice, most pull through... great laundry facilities and consistent power and water... couple of nice lakes within bike distance.

We took advantage of free parking at national seashore after 4... did nice lunch out and light dinner in after the beach...

Also.. if you are 4x4 equipt... be sure to check requirements for ORV permit on NPS beaches up to P-town... good time

2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2011 F150 Super Crew 4x4 5.0L - Traded!
2016 F350 Lariat Ultimate Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #14
I checked Sweetwater's website and I would assume campfires are permitted because each site has a fire ring. Also read through their rules and regs. and didn't see any mention of campfire restrictions. We considered Adventure Bound in Truro but I think they were bought out by a conglomerate and I find their pricing to be higher than independent owned/family CG's. Love hearing all of the great advice about campgrounds and places to visit during our stay. Keep them coming because with the minus degree weather we have been having in Western New York my DW and I need to think "camping, soon!" to get us through. We read the response posts after work together at the kitchen peninsula and a bottle of wine! Thanks for all responses.
2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #15
We stayed at Sweetwater last summer. It's a nice campground. I can't remember what site # we had. But it was a nice large site for my 38' 5th wheel. It was right near the office, and across from the rec. room. They had one section that was all seasonal. Most of the campground seamed to be off limits for big rigs. Small travel trailers, popups, and tents in a lot of the sites. I booked in January last year for the 2nd week of July and they told me they had only 1 site that would accommodate my size rig.

Soxfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote