Old 02-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #1

Cape Cod and P Town

Hey Guys, DW and I will be heading up to Cape Cod and vicinity this July and we're looking for campground suggestions that are centrally located so we don't have to drive all over to see all that there is to see, right up to P. Town, or as I have been told "Key West" of the north. So far we zeroed in on Sweetwater Forest in Brewster and Atlantic Oaks in I think Edgewood, errr something like that! We've been using RVParkReviews.Com as our resource to get us into the area. Any tips passed on would be appreciated, Thanks!

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #2

Hello Sherman.

When I travel to the cape, I like to stay at BayView Campgrounds in Bourne. It is close to the canal and allows you to jump off to the mainland to see other sights. You can of course drive to P-town when you want to visit that.

I used to camp at a place called Dunes Edge right outside P town but you may find it tight depending on your rig. You might be too big.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #3

It will all depend on how long you will be here and what you really want to see. If only spending a couple days sightseeing ON CAPE, you might want to consider staying on the mainland side. If you are planning on going OFF CAPE more, staying on mainland side better than trying to drive over the either bridge on a daily basis.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:45 PM   #4

Thanks guys. Our thoughts were to stay somewhere mid-cape for four or five days with a mix of sit and relax and putter around to what there is to see too. Wife has been there, I have no idea.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #5

Cape

We stayed for a week at Adventure Bound in North Truro last September and enjoyed it. Very close to P town and national park beaches,fishing etc. It seemed like a little older park and as such the roads were a little tight (had no problem manuvering with my 21 ft TT)

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #6

Looks like we are going to book Sweetwater Forest in Brewster. Liked Atlantic Oaks but they have a very strict rule on no campfires after 11pm. Some reviews on RVParkReviews tell of staff going around the campground at 10pm and dousing fires with buckets of water. Often DW and I will be touring around an area we are camping in and not get back to the campsite until 8pm or later. That means a late snack or meal around the fire and perhaps a bottle of wine.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #7
k

abc camp grounds in north Truro is a short ride to PTown and hearing cove. At herring cove You can park Your vehicle right up to the beach. The campground has no frills for kids,clean restrooms and showers,laundry. Staff are very friendly. Have fun and safe camping.
1 Springer Spaniel (5)
2013 ford edge toad
1 patient Bride
raysrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #8

Cape

We have enjoyed staying at Sweetwater. It is away from the crowd but only a short ride in most directions to find the crowd. Rt 6A is a great drive on a weekday. There are 2 State parks on the Cape both nice but no hookups.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #9

We stayed at Sweetwater last summer and although we loved the location it was a little tight for our 38 foot Class A. If possible, request one of the pull-through sites that are next to the mini-golf (behind the office). These were the only sites we could comfortably fit into and ours was perfect. The only major problem was we hooked up our Jeep at the site but then couldn't get out due to a tight turn exiting the section we were in! Had to drop it again! Very nice staff and Brewster is a great little town. Don't miss the Ice Cream next to the Brewster General store.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #10

Looked back at the Sweetwater sitemap. We were in the orange site behind the picture of the golfer (mini-golf).