Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
10Isola

Central or Northern PA?

Anyone have any good recommendations for a good weekend campground with pull thru and full hook up sites in central or northern PA. Just looking for someplace new for a quick getaway with the family and our RV. Thanks.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #2

I will be at the Western Village RV Park from the 7th to the 10th with my Mini Lite - in Carlisle PA
Never been bit was told it was a descent place.

they have a website - www.westernvillagervpark.com

USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #3

I'm not sure what size RV you have, but Pioneer Campground is wonderful. It is just minutes from Worlds End State Park & Ricketts Glen State Park. Check out the websites.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
I will be at the Western Village RV Park from the 7th to the 10th with my Mini Lite - in Carlisle PA
Never been bit was told it was a descent place.

they have a website - www.westernvillagervpark.com

i will be there at western village 4th - 8th going to the Carlisle all truck nationals and maybey hershey on sun or monday.
bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
Retired FF

I did a one nighter at Western Village on 7/9. It seemed like a very nice place. It was loaded with old Mopar vehicles for a show in the area. The sites were very nice, and the pool was nice as well. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that some of the activities for kids were at an extra charge. (bounce pillow $3 per person, Mini golf $3 per person). I also saw Sherdep's truck and rig while there, but didn't bang on his door to say hi, because @ 6:45am I didn't think he would appreciate it.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrogers View Post
I did a one nighter at Western Village on 7/9. It seemed like a very nice place. It was loaded with old Mopar vehicles for a show in the area. The sites were very nice, and the pool was nice as well. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that some of the activities for kids were at an extra charge. (bounce pillow $3 per person, Mini golf $3 per person). I also saw Sherdep's truck and rig while there, but didn't bang on his door to say hi, because @ 6:45am I didn't think he would appreciate it.
appreciatte that you didnt knock on my door at that time LOL

The place was clean and people were friendly.

just looked at where you are from - St Cloud Florida??
I live just down the street from the police station there - what a small world - I'll send you a pm - maybe sometime we could camp somewhere - I just got back from Lake Louisa state park in clermont this past weekend.

The issue I had was that I had called 6 months in advanced for a full service site and the site they put me on barely fit my camper and was told I could park my truck in the over flow parking so I went to the office and asked if I could be moved to another site - they only had 4 open sites and the one I chose just happened to be on a hill and took me about an hour to get situated - this is when a spotter comes in very handy.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #7

im at westeren village now and the sites are small and there all backin unless you are just staying over night and then they are just water and power. i had to go buy an extra 10ft of sewer hose to add to my 20ft to make it reach( all conections are at the rear and all my hookups are at the front) and had to add 20+feet to my 25ft water hose to make the connection. i also had to buy a rubber ring to make my screw in sewer pipe to work. this is the worst setup campground i have been at. rate it a 1 ot of 10!!!! i have done more running to get stuff to get set up than enjoying my vac. i have not seen much of the campground to see what its like but i will not spend another dime in the campground.

bush is offline   Reply With Quote