Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
RUTLEDGE LAKE??? Really??
I was looking at their website this evening planning a trip to the Asheville area this Fall.
Are all the sites this close? What's the site number the jerk is in? Don't want his site!
I really like the campground. The lake sites are REALLY tight. We will definitely be back, just not the same sites. Some of the pull throughs and the ones in the back are fairly large. I'll walk through tomorrow and post the good ones.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
RUTLEDGE LAKE??? Really??
I was looking at their website this evening planning a trip to the Asheville area this Fall.
Are all the sites this close? What's the site number the jerk is in? Don't want his site!
His site would be fine, site 4 is the one you don't want, that's the one he drained his black tank on.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #23

No. He drained to site 5 then right into the lake. Site 4 is pretty jacked up as well.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #24

#2 on #4!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #25

Any visible FRF sticker on his rig?
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 08-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
#2 on #4!
No, #2 on #5.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk View Post
Nah. I made up a bunch of HERK7769 FRF stickers for situations just like this. I put one on the back left corner of his camper. He'll never know.
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #28

That ignorant camper should of been reported to the campground management none the less the EPA. I work for the USDA in Idaho, we do GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) audits on farms throughout this area. If we go to an audit site and find even one dog turd laying in a field crop it is ground for a failure. As stated previously dumping that waste on the ground surface is bad enough, dumping it so close to a water way is even worse. This is a total health hazard, for him to be so blatant about it tells me this is probably not the first time he has done this. Shameful is all I can say...
Old 08-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #29

Hard to blame a someone for "courtesy" when faced with a poorly layer out and designed campsite like that. What did you expect next door? Chirping birds? You could probably touch his camper from your picnic table.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Herks got his grumpy face on this morning (j/k)

The black tank dumper should have been reported.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #32

"flushed his black tanks on the ground"?!?!?!

Step 1. I'd be up at the management office looking for a new site and a serious discount if not refund.

Step 2. If step 1 was not forthcoming, refund and immediate departure.

Step 3. If after hours, call emergency line (campground), advise them that I am moving to any empty site I find, inform them I'll be by the office in the morning for a refund and immediate departure.

I would not deal directly with the irresponsible jerk in the site next to me. That's the campground management and local law enforcement's job. And to be quite blunt; I don't need the hassle. I'm at a campground to try and get away from the hassle, not find more.

It seems in recent years the campgrounds aren't what they used to be. Smaller sites, more people, ruder people, more drinking, louder, dirtier and just generally not a nice as it used to be.

Is it economics? People thinking camping is the "family" thing? People with more money than a clue? People looking for a place to "cut loose"? Just a ruder and more inconsiderate population as a whole? Dunno....but I do know I don't like it.....

This type of thing is why we're leaning more and more to "boondocking" style camping (IE: nature sites in the woods or by lakes, not Walmart!). We're slowly setting up the camper with battery banks, inverters, generator, solar, macerator for easier dumping access at home, etc.

It's also getting a short barrel 12 gauge loaded with rock salt, number 4 and two BB/buckshot loads; in that order. First one is noise and pain, second one is pain and blood, third and forth is a limb or head coming off. Try sneaking into my camper in the middle of the night because you think we're an easy mark out by ourselves all alone? Better think again buddy....this is one Canadian that is more fighter than politician....

well, it's also to scare off wild life if needed. Nothing worst than a bear nosing through your site and the stupid dog just won't shut up!

We like the thought of staying self contained, minimizing our footprint (as much as you can while getting 12-13 mpg towing a 35 foot trailer ) and getting lots of privacy and peace....much more relaxing and recharging.

That's what it's all about anyways, isn't it?

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #33

I told the campground office. She came by while they were dumping and pretty much did nothing. When I came by about the dogs barking she called them on their cell phone to come handle it but they didn't. Then they let the dog outside at 12:30 AM and just let it sit there and bark and howl.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk View Post
I told the campground office. She came by while they were dumping and pretty much did nothing. When I came by about the dogs barking she called them on their cell phone to come handle it but they didn't. Then they let the dog outside at 12:30 AM and just let it sit there and bark and howl.
So they watched them dump/flush their black tank on the ground and did nothing?

I wouldn't care how "nice" the campground is. Immediate refund, immediate departure and never return. Report to the BBB and any camp ground owners association they may be a part of.

Lord knows what other heath issues are lurking in that facility somewhere. Raw sewage dumped on the ground is a serious heath issue. I mean serious. If they don't care bout that, then what about the showers? The toilets? The water source? etc.....

You're basically camped in a biological hazard contamination site where he dumped.....could be anything from contact contamination to airborne.

Seriously, I'd get out of there NOW.....for the heath of your family, especially if you have a baby there.

Better a ruined weekend and a refund than ruined health and a hospital bill.....

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 08-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookside View Post
Hard to blame a someone for "courtesy" when faced with a poorly layer out and designed campsite like that. What did you expect next door? Chirping birds? You could probably touch his camper from your picnic table.

Really? You mean there is a reason? Funky, I think your neighbor is a forum member after all. Lol.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #36
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
...If we go to an audit site and find even one dog turd laying in a field crop it is ground for a failure...
What do you do if you find wild animal excrement? Is that grounds for failure also?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookside View Post

I respectfully disagree.

when you pull into a tighter campground it means you need to be more mindful and respectful of those around you, not use it as an excuse to act like a shameful boor.

Howling dogs are irresponsible now matter how you cut it.

As a dog owner, you have a responsibility to control them and make them socially acceptable.

I have 3 large dogs (55, 65 and 100 lbs) and no one ever knows we have them until they see us leave the camper with them on leash. No barking, no howling, no piles of poop all over the place. It's called "responsibility" and many dog owners have forgotten what that is.

Same thing with children; my daughter can get loud playing with her friends, but I always keep it under control and limit the volume/duration when others are close by. "kids will be kids" is true, but they also need to be taught manners and limits.

That the "neighbor" is irresponsible with his dog is not surprising given his other irresponsible behaviors...

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 08-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
What do you do if you find wild animal excrement? Is that grounds for failure also?
They should have a policy to monitor and keep wild animals out of their crops. That's not saying it doesn't happen. I haven't seen it. Pretty hard to keep them out. A dog owned and that can be controlled by the farming family is different. Doesn't look too good when we are walking around and their dog is taking a dump or pissing all over an edible product. I'm sure most just chain them up while we are there...it is not a perfect plan but better then nothing. There is a big push for food safety these days, mostly by the produce sellers, lawsuits are expensive...
Old 08-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #39

Don't worry, that next box of cereal you eat has a certain allowable limit for dead animal carcasses, bugs and poop in it.

If you travel lot, you'll meet all kinds of people. Some good, some bad, some rude and some nice. I've met plenty in campgrounds that I thought we just mean old crusty codgers until I actually initiated a conversation with them. If you have a problem with someones behavior, you need to speak up right away and not let it build - that's when things get out of hand.

I hope it works out for you,but sounds to me it would be best to just leave.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #40

Time to take matters in your own hands. Campground vigilante justice. Flatten his tires.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Closed Thread