Old 07-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #11

Charlie Brown, where did you stay in Cooperstown and any suggestions on things to see, do, or not to bother with?

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #12
CMSgt. (Ret) Charlie Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Charlie Brown, where did you stay in Cooperstown and any suggestions on things to see, do, or not to bother with?

We stayed at Susquehanna Trail CG. We only stayed there 2 days. Not very fancy. No wifi or cable. Lady's husband passed away and she is trying to keep it open. We parked outside of Cooperstown and rode the trolley in.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 07-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #13

Our stay turned out to be four days in Cooperstown. Hartwick Highlands camping ground is highly recommended by DW and I. Though they do not have wi-fi or cable my review of it on RVParkReviews.Com will be a 10. Beautiful large site on grave level side to side with some angle front to back. Very very friendly owners and staff. Cooperstown was a blast! Loved the veranda at the Otesaga Resort Hotel for cocktails as one heck of a thunderstorm roared through. Kayaking on Otesaga Lake. Back Alley Grill is across the street and down an alley from the Baseball Hall of Fame is an excellent spot to eat and grab a beer, good food and friendly staff. Though not a huge baseball fan, the HOF itself is wonderful, especially the gallery with all of the busts of those inducted, sorry Pete Rose! Ommegang Brewery is great as is Cooperstown Brewery, both only about 5 miles out side of town. For those that like music and beers, the Blues Train next to Cooperstown Brewery is a blast on Saturday nights 7 to 10. DW and I are both glad we decided to hang out in Cooperstown. Oh yeah as someone posted on the forum, Rt. 28 from Mohawk into CT does have a couple of 9% grades. Oh boy was my V10 screaming, but maintained 40mph up the hills.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire