Old 06-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Chuckinca View Post
Not much to do at Crater Lake - Look at the lake for 15 minutes and head elsewhere. You can't go down to it.

On the other hand, there are all kinds of activities at Lake Tahoe and the views are just as beautiful.

Not sure what you were expecting? It is NOT a resort afterall. You probably got bored at Yellowstone too.

donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #12
I compared Crater Lake to Lake Tahoe.

Both are very beautiful. Lake Tahoe has a gazillion things to do; Crater Lake has one. Haven't been to Yellowstone. been to Yosemite - beats Crater Lake hands down; Been to Moab, beats Crater Lake hands down; been to Bend, been to Oregon Coast, been to Victoria Island, been to Ashland, etc, etc.

(I knew there was access down what seemed like a steep gravel road on the North side but hardly anybody in their right mind uses it!)

I wanted to see Crater Lake, been there done that (not much more you can say for it).

2011 Rockwood Windjammer 2102W
2008 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
(the max loaded 2006 F150 5.4L V8 would only go 55 MPH Westbound on I-80 in Wyoming)
Chuckinca is offline   Reply With Quote