Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #21

Great! Glad you are enjoying it. Since you wrote that this trip you will decide to either keep or sell your RV, I'm assuming since you are making reservations for next year - you are going to keep her? We are currently having the time of our life in Key West right now! Life is good!!!
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Great! Glad you are enjoying it. Since you wrote that this trip you will decide to either keep or sell your RV, I'm assuming since you are making reservations for next year - you are going to keep her? We are currently having the time of our life in Key West right now! Life is good!!!
Small world, we're in Key West also! Not camping though.

It is a fun place. :-)
Indy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Steve View Post

Small world, we're in Key West also! Not camping though.

It is a fun place. :-)
Yes it is, and Blue Water RV resort, MM 14, is probably the gold standard for RV resorts. Really is a RESORT! We have only 2 more nights here, then have to begin the haul back to reality. BTW took a biplane ride for the sunset last night, wonderful!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Sounds like your fears were unfounded! How was the drive? Now you are "experienced" , lol.
Tina and Ted - Our son and daughter-in-law drove down with us but they only stayed for three days. The drive back is all on me which means Montgomery, Birmingham and Nashville to navigate the RV through. After that, yes I will be "experienced"!!
buddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #25

Buddyu - I don't mean to complicate matters, but if you enjoy it, may want to consider downsizing to a smaller A or, even a c, since it is just you and your wife now. Our c has enough room for my husband and I and our two dogs, but drives like a car. I have no concern driving it, even in heavy traffic. High wind is a problem, but that is a concern with your current rig as well. Anyway, just a thought.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #26

We had a 27' Jayco Eagle that handled like a dream ~ It was as easy for me as DH's truck ~ just a tad longer (LOL, his truck seems very long to me) If I were going motorized, a Class C would be my preference.

Glad you're having a good trip
Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Debbie did you find any place in Key West that can compare to St. Rosa? We did make reservations for next year and considering going back in late October.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyu View Post

Debbie did you find any place in Key West that can compare to St. Rosa? We did make reservations for next year and considering going back in late October.
We stayed for a week at Bluewater RV Resort. Probably the best place, most private, beautiful RV resort there is!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #29

BuddyU - we are heading to TopSail Preserve State Park near Destin on Thursday for five nights. We travel with our friend (Displaced2) in his Lexington. Should be great!!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:24 AM   #30

Quote:
BuddyU - we are heading to TopSail Preserve State Park near Destin on Thursday for five nights. We travel with our friend (Displaced2) in his Lexington. Should be great!!
Debbie
Sure hope it stops raining by the time you get here. We got to Topsail on Saturday and it has rained, rained, and rained. Hadn't been to the beach yet. This morning about 1:00 AM is started raining very hard and did for over almost two hours. All the standing water unfortunately is prompting the serpents to move around a bit, just keep an eye out for them especially if you are on the back row.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post

Debbie
Sure hope it stops raining by the time you get here. We got to Topsail on Saturday and it has rained, rained, and rained. Hadn't been to the beach yet. This morning about 1:00 AM is started raining very hard and did for over almost two hours. All the standing water unfortunately is prompting the serpents to move around a bit, just keep an eye out for them especially if you are on the back row.
Thanks. I hope it quits as well - we are heading there in Thursday and it looks better according to the Weather Channel. How long are you staying?
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #32

Quote:
Thanks. I hope it quits as well - we are heading there in Thursday and it looks better according to the Weather Channel. How long are you staying?
Will be here two weeks, leaving Oct. 4.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
Will be here two weeks, leaving Oct. 4.
Cool - look us up - we are there with our friend in his Lexington from Thursday to Tuesday. We are in sites 66 and 64.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #34

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect through Monday. Woo-hoo. Here we come!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #35

Topsail is Tops in my book!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #36

Debbie. Better than St. Rosa? How close to the beach?
Old 09-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyu View Post
Debbie. Better than St. Rosa? How close to the beach?
Different than St Rosa. A lot bigger, more private, wooded sites. Lots to do, trails to walk, shuffle board, horse shoes, kayaks you can rent, etc. can't see the beach from the main campground, there is a tram that takes you there. Right now the beach isn't great, bitting black flies and quite a bit of seaweed. But, still beautiful. However, there is so much else to do, and just sitting outside doing "nothing" is good too! Yes, we will be back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2943782946.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	40395

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4137670450.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	40396
Old 09-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #38

No biting flies today at the beach - it is just perfect weather as well!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #39
H2oski

We will be there Friday afternoon late after work. Seafood festival Fri-Sat. Good eats.

Destin Seafood Festival - Destin Harbor HarborWalk Village

See ya Friday.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #40

Leaving in the morning. It's been great! Would recommend TopSail :-)