Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #41

I agree about Myrtle Beach. We call it the Kentucky Riviera around here and I'm from Kentucky. Its about what you want in both places. There is a little bit of something for everyone at both places, however if you are looking for a great camping experience, then you only need to look a few miles away from both places.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #42

What were you expecting? I agree on P-forge, but G-burg was nice! Very clean and well laid out. We definitely want to go back again!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #43

I thought Gatlinburg was beautiful. Don't see how someone could nit pick the heck out of it to find something "bad". Which just turned out to be stuff the doesn't interest them. I will definitely go back to see all I missed.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #44
Done with this

Agreed. We haven't camped there yet, but will most likely stay in Townsend or up in the park somewhere. We have a favorite cabin we rent on top of Bluff Mountain, and had stayed in it many times.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
I thought Gatlinburg was beautiful. Don't see how someone could nit pick the heck out of it to find something "bad". Which just turned out to be stuff the doesn't interest them. I will definitely go back to see all I missed.
Agree dav;1971, as my old grandpappy use to say, "Some folks would complain if they were hung with a new rope." Some folks just can't be pleased. If the folks in PF/GB wanted to change, I'm sure they would, but with the traffic and business they have now, why mess with success?
Old 10-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #46
DDC

Getting the trailer ready for our Frog Rally in Pigeon Forge next week, looking forward to a great time there.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Agree dav;1971, as my old grandpappy use to say, "Some folks would complain if they were hung with a new rope."
I sure laughed out loud on this one OC! I'm going to borrow your grandpappys quote for the right situations

Oh, and we love all of the options available in the GB/PF area. Something for everyone!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #48

SMNP is an outstanding park, and I would echo what one poster said earlier that a good way to experience it without having to get anywhere near PF or Gatlinsburg is to stay in Townsend. Quiet little community, also has lots of cabin rentals and little B&Bs. Rainbow Falls and Cade's Cove are both worth the trip - Pigeon Forge can be an afterthought unless you are a fan of go-karts or Dolly Parton.
Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote