Old 04-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Managed to make it here doing about 850 miles day one and 550 the next.
Great to hear that your there safe and sound. Enjoy!!!

"The joy of being able to go is sometimes more than reaching your destination"
'16(40)Days
tapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkjr72 View Post
Other then mwr office tickets military discounts are few and far between at disney because you have the option of shades of green resort

I go every year...first Sunday after Thanksgiving and stay a week. I stay at Shades of Green ($109/night) and I am able to pick up 5-day Park Hopper passes for about $190 (you can only get these through Shades of Green). Didn't mean to hijack thread...primarily answering the military question. Best times of year are when I go. I used to live there and it's a zoo most every other week. When we go during this week lines are GREATLY reduced.

2009 Ram 2500 5.7/3:73
cmac7203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
You are not missing much.. We have been there several times in the last 10 years just to try and get our moneys worth out of a piece of property..

The traffic sucks, the parks suck, the people are generally rude and could care less if the run you over or not.. And from what I can tell, many of the kids seem miserable there too. It's a one time trip, maybe twice, just to check it off your list..Then NEVER, NEVER go back.. This is in no way a statement against the campground in general, just the area.

Of course there are things to do OTHER than the parks if you get away a short distance, that's not necessarily bad.. But in general Orlando.. Bad.. Except February, went once in February, much more low keyed then..February Good, Summer Bad.. you couldnt pay me 5 grand to be in that place in the middle of summer.

Everything in life is about perspective. Sorry your experiences at Disney was less than magical. My family has been going to Disney yearly for 23 years. Sure, some trips have been better than others, but we've never had a "never come back" experience... and the vast majority of trips to Disney have been truly magical.
We've never been able to justify pulling the camper to Ft Wilderness... as we use frequent flier miles for free airfare... and own DVC at Boardwalk Villas. So our travel, and room for a week, literally costs us about $1000. But then again... its about perspective. Never know when we might say "what the heck".
Old 04-21-2017, 05:50 AM   #44

Our time at Disney has reached it's end for this year. We will be hitting the road this morning after breakfast and showers. We plan to arrive home sometime late tomorrow afternoon. Only 51 weeks until our next trip here.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote